Do you think Dr. Laura Schlessinger is good (yes) or bad (no) for women?

• A smart lady

She is a good woman, and has been very successful in her life. She is very smart, and is an outspoken socially conservative commentator and author. She has spent a lot of time and work trying to help people, and work to make this country a better place to live.

• Dr. Laura helps women find husbands.

Dr. Laura Schlessinger is good for women. This is because she has old-fashioned advice for them about men and relationships. She gives feminists pause because the doctor realizes that over the years women have become so self-serving that they often scare away marriage-minded men. Dr. Laura helps single women become married women.

• Overall A Yes

I would say overall Dr. Laura Schlessinger is good for women, rather than bad for women. She has written several self-help books and generally given advice on a plethora of topics. This, to me, is helpful. While she has been caught up in confrontations and other small problems, she seems to apologize when she is in the wrong. I don't agree with some of her conservative ideas, but that's not to say that her advice isn't helpful.

• She is ignorant and her advice is shortsighted

I heard her telling a mother to refuse to help her pregnant teen daughter unless her daughter agreed to give the baby up for adoption. She practically coerced the woman on the phone to agree to coerce her daughter. I would like to point out a truth. Not all teens and unmarried young people make bad parents. In fact I know of many who stepped up and did their jobs as parents. I know of grandparents who stepped up and did their job as parents and grandparents. Also, reality check, not all adoptive parents are good people. If anyone is thinking about adopting a baby out, consider that your child could end up having a miserable childhood because you chose not to be there to love and protect it. It is wrong for Dr. Laura to be telling people how to live their lives pertaining to monumental life altering possibly heart shattering choices that cannot be undone. I hope the mother would realize how much she could hurt her daughter and unborn grandchild by coercing her to give up her baby. The young girl needs options and the freedom to choose and the loving support of her mother in this situation no matter what she chooses.

My father was given up and adopted by rotten people. He has struggled in life due to issues he developed as a result of being given away and abused by adoptives. My big picture view is that if his teen mother hadn't been coerced to give him away, she would have kept my dad. He would have had loving family on both sides. His paternal family wanted him too but back in the day the judge went with the mother's choice. This choice had real and devastating effects on my dad. I cant help but be outraged that his adoptive parents who were rich and educated abused my father. He needed the love and protection of his true parents and family. He chooses to drink to numb his pain. He is a lifelong alcoholic and he will die soon because of it. These are the consequences of his choices and actions, however his choices in my view were influenced by the choices of other people who had the duty to love him when they first knew he would come to be. They failed him. Now he is 50. He will likely die before his biological parents of ages 66 and 68 and his paternal grandmother (age 90) who wanted him. What a "great" chance my father got. What a "loving" choice. Shame on you Dr. Laura. You lack wisdom on many things. No one way is the right way, so stop acting like you know it all

• She is bad!!!

She gives horrible advice. Women need to be strong and that us not what she is teaching. She is the worst person to be giving advice. She is like Hitler to the Jews. Some stupid people followed him but he was bat s-it crazy. She is not to be listened to. Women need to be strong if you are in a bad situation get out.

• No, nobody without years of training should give psychological advice

Dr. Laura Schlessinger is bad for anyone who calls her. Her doctorate is in physiology,
    not in medicine or psychology. Though it is perfectly legal for her to give
    advice on the air, it is foolish for people to take her words seriously, since she
    is not a trained therapist or counselor. Callers may relate to her as if she had the
    training to give them advice on psychological problems, but unfortunately, she does not.

• She is bad.

I do believe that Dr. Laura Schlessinger is bad. She is annoying and obnoxious. She really doesn't know what she is talking about. She gets a lot of followers by spouting her nonsense. She doesn't even want to learn the truth, she just wants to cause problems and this makes her bad.