Do you think education will improve if we implement national standards?

• yes it would

Yes, I think that if we made all of the nations follow a certain type of education system, then it would do a lot of good for the country, and would make it be a whole lot more competitive in the world market as a smart and good country here.

• Hopefully It Will

I believe implementing national standards is an important step in attempting to improve education across the United States. I believe national standards are the best way to guarantee all children will receive a fair and balanced education. I think this helps take the guess work out of it for administrations.

• Yes, I believe education will improve if we implement national standards.

I believe that if the nation had a national standard for education we would see the quality of education in the nation rise overall, I think there are places in this country with sub standard education standards that could really improve if they had to meet a national standard that better prepares their students for the future.

• Yes, it would improve.

Education would improve if we were to implement national standards. How we go about this, I do not know. But I think one good idea would be to take the most educated state and make that the standard, and then put vast funding toward the improvement of learning facilities nationwide.

• Nationalism and Standardization has never worked.

Education is a personal thing. People like certain subjects more than others. A well rounded education is paramount to a better society, however the involvement of a centralized government will not necessarily make education better (and likely make it worse). The only way a to effectively see if a national standard is being met is by testing children. As the old adage goes: Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish by Its Ability to Climb a Tree, It Will Live Its Whole Life Believing that It is Stupid

• Education needs to be Specific

Children are not the same everywhere, many places require a catered program that will help students along, not push them to a certain level purely for the statistical value. National standards will have teachers disregarding a student's actual needs and have them looking purely toward a number. A student in New England will not have the same needs as a student living in poverty somewhere in Detroit.