• Elon Musk is very influencial

Elon Musk is very well respected in the world today, a lot of people see him as almost making what we view as the 'future' a reality in the soon to be present. I think by appearing as a person, and not just under the guise of a company, Elon's personal tweets could influence the sales of Tesla products.

• Yes will have a influence!

Elon Musk's has a lot to say and that people listen. I think that people really listen to what he says and he can have a lot of influence by his Tweets. The more he puts himself out there and the more tweets that happen I can see him having a impact on the Tesla sales

• Yes, Elon Musk's tweets can influence Tesla's sales

Some skeptical observers might doubt whether a publicity campaign consisting largely of cryptic tweets can ultimately prove very useful for Tesla as a company. Yet more keen observers might recognize that Elon Musk is actually a quite savvy user of social media. While it remains to be seen precisely how many sales Musk can drum up via his publicity campaign, it is certainly true that his moves have drawn more attention to the company. In fact, they've also drawn a higher stock evaluation, as Tesla stock prices have risen in the week following his tweet.

• People don't spend thousands of dollars based on a tweet.

I think Elon Musk's tweets will have strong effect in making people interested in the product, and particularly the new product launch that is coming up, but I do not think it will affect sales. An electric car is too expensive and too complicated a product decision for people to be influenced by some tweets.