Do you think equal education should be a public responsibility?

• Why is that a question

This would create better workers, more opportunities, and a better economy. It would secure the future of kids, and get ghetto kids out the ghetto. It would make them into well rounded people, ready for the workforce. There is absolutely no excuse for unequal education. It's backwards, and has no place in society.

• Equal education for all

Those who would argue that equal education should not be a public responsibility are in error. It should be the public responsibility to promote the public good, equal education is for the public good. Imagine a scenario where education isn't equal, then you have a segment of the population not performing in the most efficient and productive manner. Increasing education increases productivity which obviously is in the public interest.

• Yes, I believe equal education should be a public responsibility.

I believe that ensuring that everyone gets a fair chance to an equal education should be priority in our nation, I believe that everyone should have a fair shot in life and that begins with getting a proper education, so while one district may provide a excellent experience and another a very poor experience it's unfair and it should be equalized so both provide quality experiences.

• Public Schools Need Standards

Students who attend public schools in Iowa get a vastly different experience than those in Louisiana. In regards to public services, the phrase "you get what you pay for" is perfectly relevant. Public schools should have the same standards nationwide because high school dropout rates vary from state to state. Kids from Iowa and other northern states are more well-educated than those in southern states because the tax bases are completely different. Taxpayers should pay for public education, the only problem is that there are different standards across the 50 states.

• No, I do not believe that equal education is a public responsibility.

The public oversight of equal education is too large of a task in the United States. I believe that it is the parents responsibility to compare education between charter school options, homeschooling options, and the public education options. It is the governments job to make sure that the public education model is competitive with other educational models.