Do you think ESRB ratings accurately reflect age-appropriate content in video games?

• Yes, I do.

The ESRB rating system in video games is flawed much the same way that ratings for movies is flawed, but I think this is as good as it gets when it comes to video games. The warnings are there, they are age-specific, and they are accurate. It's very straight-forward, and I agree with most of them.

• No, they are inaccurate.

There are parents out there that let there 8 to 10 year old kids play games like GTA 5 while those are meant for teens. In the world of internet slang, there are kids called squeakers, A squeaker is a child or teen on an online voice chat that has not yet reached puberty. While games that are Lego Batman, Lego Jurassic park, etc. those games are T for teen, but should really be E for everyone 10 and up. That shows that the ratings can sometimes be inaccurate.

• ESRB ratings are very leniant.

Critics of the ESRB are typically game manufacturers, or the players that want access to their favorite games earlier than the age discriminate policy. The point is to keep inappropriate content out of the reach of children or people that may not have parental permission to watch/view/play certain content. This places the responsibility of the child's exposure in the hands of the parent. The ratings are largely ignored and thus have become very liberal as of late. I think that the ESRB ratings do not accurately reflect age-appropriate content. I think the standards should be raised, but still available to adults without restraints. Getting carded for a game is not that big of a deal.

• Kids can play mature

No, I do not think that the current system of classifying video games does a very good job, and I feel like it is perfectly fine for a kid as young as 12 to play some games that are labeled mature, but simply have a lot of violence in them.

• No not really.

I think that the ESRB ratings do not accurately reflect the age appropriate ratings because some of it is up to opinion. Some parents don't mind their kids seeing a little violence while others would prefer not to even see a scratch mark or a shove. I do not think it will ever be totally accurate.

• ESRB is too lenient in their ratings.

I don't think ESRB ratings accurately reflect age-appropriate content in video games. I think ESRB is too lenient in their rating system. For example, a realistic female character wearing short shorts and a tube top would not necessarily get a "Mature" rating from ESRB, but having objectifying women icons in video games should be restricted to adults for maturity reasons.

• No very inaccurate

I've bought my kids a mature game and played my self to see if it is appropriate. It was appropriate enough to that a twelve year old can play It. It said strong Language there was only one or to bad words most weren't that bad. Like dam or hell.