Do you think everyone should have disaster preparedness classes in high school?

• As long as it is an elective

If it is a required class, I would say no because there are people who do know what they're doing. If it is an elective, then people can choose whether to take it or not. It can also teach uneducated students really good life lessons, which is always a win.

• Yes, high schools should have disaster preparedness classes.

I think that everyond should have disaster preparedness classes in high school. I think that it is something that can be valuable for people to learn when they are in high schoo. It is something that can end up saving a life down the road and help a lot of people during such times.

• Yes, it would be beneficial.

Teaching students in high school how to be prepared for disasters would be a very good thing. It would create a population of people who are much better able to take care of themselves and those around them should a disaster, natural or man made, come. With the recent weather disasters, this would be a great program to include in high schools.

• And financial training.

Yes, I think that everyone should have disaster preparedness classes in high school, because we should all know how to take care of ourselves in an emergency. High school is where you learn basic things. We should teach disaster training and we should also teach proper financial management in high school.

• As long as it is an elective

• No They Shouldn't

I do not think everyone should have disaster preparedness classes in high school. High school studies already glaze over important topics that should be discussed like credit, banking, Internet use, social responsibility, being prepared for college, the list goes on. We shouldn't skip important topics to cover things that may never be used.