Do you think federal student loans shouldn't be given to colleges whose graduates struggle to pay off large debt?

• These schools are not established enough and students don't know any better.

Federal student loans shouldn't be given to colleges whose graduates struggle to pay off large debt. This is because these schools are often for-profit colleges that accept students who are wholly unprepared for the real working world. These schools also do not have a good name in the public world. People would be much better off going to an established community college.

• They need to be responsible.

Yes, I think that federal student loans should ot be given to colleges whose graduates struggle to pay off large debt, because then the federal government is only being part of the problem. The schools have to have some incentive to keep their tuition low. If students cannot pay the money back, there is no point to getting a college degree.

• Yes, federal student loans shouldn't be given to colleges with graduates who struggle to pay off large debt.

I do not think that federal student loans should be given to colleges whose graduates who struggle to pay off large debts. I think it only makes sense that funding such entities can result in debts that are never paid off. I think that the money should go to other colleges with better records.

• No, student loans should not be restricted on alumni repayment rates.

There is certainly room for reform in student loans, but restricting loans to students if they plan to attend a college with deadbeat alumni is not justifiable. You cannot hold people accountable for the actions of strangers. A much better place to start in the student loan debate is to make the loans dischargeable in bankruptcy court. This will again make the loaning institutions accountable for the loans they decide to grant.

• Not The Best Method

As a recent college student, I have to say there are some programs and some colleges that shouldn't be supported by the federal government, even if it is via a student loan. However, I do not think it is best to target these schools using this method since students often fund their education in varying ways.