Do you think fictional characters can serve as good role models?

• To some degree, sure.

I think it's fine to look up to fictional characters. After all, they came from a place in a person's mind, so everything that fictional character thinks is something a real person thinks. That being said, since real life people have actual impacts on the real world, it would be better to be able to look up to someone who isn't fictional.

• Why shouldn't they?

Fictional Characters may not be in the same situation as the child but that is no reason as to why the child can't idolize them. By reading their books and watching their film the child goes on a journey with them, in some ways this is better than idolizing a pop star or actress because sometimes these people say or do bad things whereas in a book the fictional character will stay true to whichever traits make up them.

• Very much yes

Depending on the character, having a role model can be helpful almost no matter what. Idolizing batman, for example, can be very helpful for a young child. Batman stands for not killing and believing in our justice system. He brings the criminals of his city to justice. Although idolizing a real person would be better, having a fictional role model can be very beneficial. It all depends on who the role model is, and what they stand for.

• Why Can't they Be is the Question?

Fictional characters actually make better role models than people at times. They help readers develop confidence in themselves by acting with the confidence, persuasion, and other positive attributes of their favored character. Role models don't necessarily have to be physical people, they can be completely fictional. This also gives the reader a mental happy place, which can improve the psychological health of a person. So all in all, fictional characters DO make beneficial role models.

• . Fictional characters helped me develop

I myself read books and relate myself to the characters. Mostly books have developing characters as the story goes on and it teaches the characters to be stronger . I develop my personality as they develop as well. And as they carry on with life and get stronger they encourage me to do the same.

• I think they can.

I think that fictional characters can serve as role models, mainly because there are so many of them out there. This applies to children mainly because of all the books they read, many good role models can be found in books such as Kiki strike and Harry potter. They serve as good role models.

• Fictional Characters can not replace real people in a child's life

Fictional characters are certainly good for young kids to look up to, but fictional characters can not be there when something goes wrong. Characters only give you adequate advice if your situation is the same as theirs, and although it might be similar, it probably isn't the same. It's fine for kids to look up to fictional characters, but they need someone to look up to that they can talk to.