Do you think foreign direct investment helps economic development?

• Yes, foreign direct investment helps economic development.

I think that foreign direct investment does help the economy develop. While a lot of people may think that investing in foreign properties and businesses doesn't make any sense in terms of helping the local economy, it does a lot in terms of having funds be returned to country when the investment proves to be successful.

• Foreign direct investment is good for economy

Foreign investment is great for our economy. It brings fresh capital into the marketplace which finances jobs. Jobs allow people to provide for themselves and their family. They use their income to buy goods and services. It doesn’t matter where the money is coming from, foreign/ domestic, if the result improves the economy it is good. Foreign investment directly improves the economy

• Yes it does.

Maybe 50 years ago, I would have been against this. There was not much competition out there. But now, with the internet and our global economy, foreign direct investment is very important and helps economic development. It's a new world and we have to continue to adapt to it, or fall behind.

• No It Doesn't

I believe foreign direct investment just makes bigger corporations that pool the money from the economy and essentially take more from the poorest of the poor. I do not believe foreign direct investments help economic development. I believe small local business should receive support because these small businesses help fuel economic growth when the economy can uphold a plethora of them. When big corporations take all of the market share, they destroy economic development.