• Yes, gerrymandering results in political polarization

Since voting districts are often drawn along partisan lines, gerrymandering only adds fuel to the fire of our nation's already polarized politics. Furthermore, gerrymandering makes it more difficult for moderate and independent office seekers to win primary elections. The system, as it stands, practically ensures victory for the incumbent politician.

• Yes, gerrymandering is a big issue in today's politics.

Gerrymandering is detrimental to democratic government. There is nothing democratic about it. It is the intentional tampering of lines and borders in order to get more votes based on demographics. The district that votes a person into office should be the same exact district when that person runs for office again. If changes need to be made, they should be made free of any political agenda. It would still change things, but it wouldn't be made with the intention to change the political landscape. Political change should be made organically, by the people, not by the political elite.

• Yes, gerrymandering is manipulation method for politicians to win elections.

Yes, I believe that gerrymandering is a big issue in today's politics because it is a method of manipulation. By using gerrymandering, politicians choose their voters and manipulate the election system. Gerrymandering reforms are needed so that all interests and people are taken into account in the election process and not just the wealthiest or the interests offering the most money.

• No, I don't think gerrymandering is a big issue in today's politics.

I do not think gerrymandering is a big issue in today's politics. First of all, I have never even heard of gerrymandering. Secondly, when I asked my boyfriend about gerrymandering, he sort of knew what it was but had to google it. After googling it, we figured out it had something to do with voting and districts. After reading about it, I do think it should be a bigger issue--but as it stands right now, I don't think it is a very big issue.