• Yes he is horrible.

The flood, he killed everyone but 8 people he killed every animal except 2 of its kind. That means kids babies and teens and adult who did nothing wrong died the worst way by drowning. The animals who have no idea what good and bad are drowned because of this guy. You know God once sent 2 bears to mail 42 kids for making fun of someone who is bald. How is this a good guy? He is punishing us for the sin he created and knew we would fail in every situation he put us in. He knows what we will do in our life and he continues to let us not believe when he knows we will go to hell and that's his plan for us because he has a plan for us. The only way he could forgive us is by sending his son to die I don't send my son to die if I need to forgive his brothers or sisters. I would never. He knew his son would die why did he need a blood sacrifice to forgive us? This is not in any sense a good guy.

• Yes, just read some old scriptures.

If you were to read the old testament I'm sure you would be shocked at some of the things written there. So yes I would say God is a harsh, unforgiving monster who rules in fear. But I have some good news! It's impossible for God to be the bad guy if he doesn't exist ;)

Posted by: cj1m
  • Of course god is bad

God is by far one of the most vile things that has ever existed, if god does exist. The reasoning behind this is simple. Supposedly, god is all knowing, all powerful, and all good. That would mean that god should know whenever someone, or something, would perform an evil act, and be capable of stopping it. If that is the case, than god is doing a very bad job at doing.

God couldn't stop Adam and Eve from eating from the tree of knowledge, something that god knew was going to happen but didn't stop. God knew that humans would sin, yet allowed it to happen. Heck god knew that satan, or lucifer if you like, would betray him but allowed it anyway. Literally all the bad things in life happen because god allows it, or at the very least prevents it from happening.

Think about it for a sec. Let's say if you had just a fraction of gods supposed power for one day. What would you do with it? Would you do something selfish, rid the world of disease and poverty, or would you simply do nothing?

If you decided to do something selfish, than you are abusing your power, putting you in the bad zone. If you removed disease and poverty, you would be doing something good, so you would be in the good zone. But if you did nothing, you would be in the bad zone because you had the power to act but simply choose not to. Its like watching something being beaten. Would you just stay around and do nothing about it? But that's what god does. God just stands around, letting anything bad happen without stopping it.

Now if people who insist that god is the good guy, I have a question to ask you. If god is truly the good guy, what reason would he have to allow the starving of children? Is it to teach them a lesson? Is it to punish them for crimes for which they, or might, do? Or is god simply not stopping it to teach us a "hidden" lesson? Now if you have an answer I would love to hear it. Maybe you could also tell those starving children why god allows them to starve. I'm sure those children would love to know why someone who can help them refuse to give them aid.

• God is a power-hungry liar, and that's just in Genesis

God tells Adam and Eve that they are not to eat from the forbidden tree (Genesis 2:17), as it would, one: give them knowledge of good and evil, and two: kill them. What is so bad about knowing good from evil? I strongly believe knowledge is power, and so God wanted to be the only one with that knowledge, which would give him power over everything else. That’s my belief about it. And saying that it would also kill them to eat from it? God flat out lied to them. They ended up eating from it (Genesis 3:6), and still supposedly lived on for 930 years afterwards (Genesis 5:5). This led to my conclusion that the God of the bible is a power-hungry liar, among other things. That alone is enough to make me not believe in, and especially not worship, this God.

• God is a power-hungry liar, and that's just in Genisis

• God is a power hungry liar in Genesis

God tells Adam and Eve that they are not to eat from the forbidden tree (Genesis 2:17), as it would, one: give them knowledge of good and evil, and two: kill them. What is so bad about knowing good from evil? I strongly believe knowledge is power, and so God wanted to be the only one with that knowledge, which would give him power over everything else. That’s my belief about it. And saying that it would also kill them to eat from it? God flat out lied to them. They ended up eating from it (Genesis 3:6), and still supposedly lived on for 930 years afterwards (Genesis 5:5). This led to my conclusion that the God of the bible is a power-hungry liar, among other things. That alone is enough to make me not belief in, and especially not worship, this God.

• God in Genesis is a power-hungry liar

• Real or not'

Gods are omnipotent, they are in a constant state of
    "evil" and "good"
    they commit atrocities and great deeds in different universes simultaneously, they have no human morals, they are four dimensional and cannot be understood, yet alone influenced by humans.

Furthermore this is a flawed principle, there is no such thing as a "bad guy" in reality, we are all good guys in our stories and the victors write the history books, everything is viewed through historical bias, and you are blind to it unless you search for it.

But in the context of the bible being a fictional story book, God was intended to be the "good guy" the writers of this book were clever in their writing and offer God as a perfect entity, with him believing the same things as they do, offering advice as they would, the authors of this book wanted power, influence and to have people follow their ideology, and they were successful.
    He was never intended to be the bad guy because our human nature wants us to make him kind and loving towards us, so that we are not alone in the vast cosmos, and we have a friend to keep us safe,
    It's quite sad, actually.

Posted by: CJRD
  • God is not real, but somebody is working in people's mind

The religious people really feel a presence in their midst, This presence want to control their minds, and their life, pretending to be a positive force , people who want to believe and hold by their hands are the ones they prey on, somebody out there want to control people.

• There are more stories of him being immoral than moral.

He did terrible things all through the old testament, including straight up murdering two men for getting too close to him in the tent they built for him. He lied and said nothing came before him and nothing will come after him. All mentions of him being kind and just are made by himself, patting himself on the back. He fills pages and pages of the bible with threats. He is abusive.

• God is not the bad guy, we are

I know this sounds biased coming from a Christian perspective, but God is neither the bad guy nor the emotionless watcher. How can He be the bad guy when He sent His Son to die for us in absolute agony? People think He's bad because He lets bad things happen, but He doesn't LET them happen, people make them happen. He gave us free wil so we wouldn't be robots, so we could make our own decisions. Unfortunately, most people make bad decisions and those decisions affect other people. "Bad" isn't something God made, let alone something God is; it's a lack of God. God is everything that is good. Everything that is bad is caused by people making the wrong choices.

• We free willed our way in...

And we can free will our way out. God was looking out for His worshipers when he did awful things, and it worked out for everyone involved. Everything after that was free will and idiocy.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Assuming the Biblical God

And if the Biblical God is assumed, it follows by necessity that the entire Bible is admitted as evidence.

Now, it is thoroughly explained in the Bible itself that sin entered the world through humans. However, in spite of this sin, God still desired to have a relationship with humans. He did not seek to destroy them.

Due to the sinful human nature though, the world eventually became so evil that God knew he had to do something about it. He performs what (according to the Bible) was the only proper action, and the righteous humans live. These righteous humans eventually turn away from him and sin without repentance. God patiently waits until it reaches the point of no return, punishes them, and they repent and turn to righteousness again.

This cycle repeats all throughout the Old Testament. In the New Testament, God sent his Son to be the ultimate redemption for the fundamentally flawed human nature. When he died, all who accepted Jesus as His Son would have their sins washed away. So, instead of the vicious cycle of sin, God freed those followers of His Son (Christians) from sin itself if they would only follow Him.

According to the Bible, which, if we assume the Biblical God is referenced here, must be accepted into the argument as irrefutable evidence, it is not God that is the "bad guy," but the human race itself!

In response to those on the Yes side, the reason a blood sacrifice was needed was so that humans would realize the gravity of their sins and be prompted to turn from them. The lambs and bulls sacrificed in the Old Testament were supposed to be representative of the gross nature of sin and what sacrifice it took to purge the sin. Jesus, according to the New Testament, took the place of those lambs and bulls and became the ultimate sacrifice and atonement for sins (while also highlighting in the worst possible way what it takes to remove sin).

• God can't be the bad guy.

It can't be a bad entity. You shouldn't say it. It is cruel to say it. How can you say it about an entity that actually doesn't exist. It is so cruel. Stop. Please.
    Since the dawn of history rulers invented Gods to help them handle and control their people and make them behave by the rulers' set of rules. The Gods were tools to set fears in the hearts of the peoples, to justify killing, to make sacrifices, to be united in faith and so on and so forth...

• Yes, just read some old scriptures.

Posted by: cj1m
  • God is good

God is good because he now's what he is doing and he is not try to be rude he is trying to do the right thing. It doesn't matter what you chose and you can go to church if you want to but you don't have to and try to pick what's right for you and do not be rude about it and we didn't do anything wrong to you.

• He is most assuredly not the bad Guy.

It saddens me when I see fellow human beings calling God evil when he loved us so much that he shed his blood for us and was tortured to death for us. You call that evil. As for killing babies in the flood you do realize that he gave them breath and he merely took it away. It also gave them sudden access to heaven where as if they would have grown up they would have been evil people. Thank you and God bless.