Do you think going into long-term consumer debt is worth it to spend money on building exciting and positive memories?

• Memories not worth debt

I do not think going in debt is worth the long time good memories. There are plently of free and cheap ways to build happy lasting memories. And going into deep debt and creating a unpleasant atmosphere for your present time, will override any happiness you once felt for the expensive family trip to Disneyworld.

• No, long term consumer debt is dangerous.

No, I believe that exciting and positive memories can be made in many ways that don't involve debt, much less long term debt. Long term consumer debt bankrupts many families a year. A vacation to Disney World isn't worth it if in the end you end up losing your house. Financial security is a gift that is more valuable then many realize.

• No, memories can be made on much less.

Memories for an individual or a family are of course priceless, and it is lovely if one has money to take a round the world trip or something like that. However, memories can be made on a lot less money, especially if there are children involved. It is better to invest the money for their future.

• No It's Not

I do not believe going into long-term consumer debt is worth it to spend money on building exciting and positive memories. I think a good example of this is the common wedding in America. While memories are great people tend to live outside their means when arranging these ceremonies. I think the money could be better spent.