• Google is a monopoly because people choose to use the company's interface.

Google is indeed a monopoly. This is because it is so popular and so many people use the search engine without a second thought. Google's ease of use and clean front page help people to easily choose the company for their searching, socalizing, e-mail, mapping, and image needs. Google has it all wrapped up.

• Google is a monopoly

I do believe that Google is a monopoly because they trade and sell stuff for companies and build their revenue from selling and trading for companies by letting those companies have stuff show in the google search engine. Google is well known so people will pay the money for google.

• They refuse to allow me to pay for an item I want to purchase

I wish to make a purchase of credits for a game. I was directed to Google Play store. They won't allow the purchase without signing into Google account. I wish to purchase with paypal. They won't even allow me to add PayPal though it is supposed to be an option. Tried on 2 different devices, 2 different accounts.
    Therefore they are acting as a monopoly by blocking free trade by other means.

• BING Because Its Not Google

Google is not a monopoly for the simple fact that there are other companies that offer the same services as they do. Furthermore up until recently google did not have its own browser and was only a search engine which others exist (Bing, Yahoo, Metasearch, etc). Also the web experience could not be complete with out multiple sources and a monopoly in technology is simply not a viable thing in the 21st century.

• BING Because Its Not Google

• No It's Not

I do not believe Google is a monopoly. For the majority of their services I can find other providers that work just as well as the services Google provides. I believe Google has plenty of competition and they have to share a slice of the market. I believe organizations like Wal-Mart are far closer to breaking the rules of a monopoly than Google.

• Strong market actor does not mean monopoly

Every Internet user gets to know Google fairly soon after they start using the Internet - it's nearly impossible to not use Google...or is it? There are clear alternatives here. Microsoft has Bing. Yahoo's search engine still takes plenty of requests. Google's email provision is a market leader, but that has not stopped Yahoo Mail or Microsoft's Hotmail. Simply put - just because a company has a large presence doesn't axiomatically mean they control the market.

• No, Google is not a monopoly.

As big as Google is, it is not a monopoly. A monopoly suggests nobody can compete with them. There are plenty of companies that can compete with Google. But a lot of them are just not doing it successfully. I think that Google is just doing so well that others need to label them in a negative light.