Do you think Guantanamo Bay detainees should be granted asylum in Europe?

• Yes I do.

There may be quite a few people on Guantanamo Bay who have been involved in terrorist activity. Then again, there may not be. That is where the problem is. They keep these people locked up with no trial. This is not right! Since Guantanamo is not being handled correctly, I say grant these people asylum!

• Go Back To Origin

To me, ideally, the Guantanamo Bay detainees should probably be sent back to their country of origin. However, if there are European countries that would want to give them asylum then I don't see any reason why they couldn't go there instead. To me, it would all depend on what countries are offering asylum and rather or not the detainees want to go to those countries.

• Each Countries Decision

I believe the Guantanamo Bay Detainees should be tried under a court of law, but if they are released I think where they gain asylum, if any, should be each countries decision. I believe these people do not have much hope for returning to a "normal" world, so I doubt there are any good answers for them.

• If Found Guilty, Detainees Should be Locked Away

Guantanamo Bay detainees should be granted asylum in Europe only if they are found not guilty of war crimes in the United States after a civilian trial on U.S. soil. For detainees found guilty, they should be locked away in a maximum security federal prison for the rest of their natural lives.

• Guantanamo Bay Detainees Don't Need Asylum in Europe

Guantanamo Bay detainees don't need or deserve asylum from Europe because many of them are threats to the United States and the rest of the world. With that in mind, granting them asylum in Europe would strain relations between the United States and those countries. Plus, more terror threats might pop up in Europe.