Do you think having more than two children is selfish?

• It Can Be

To me, having more than two children is somewhat selfish. When families worked to support themselves, such as the farming lifestyle, it was common to have large quantities of children because they could be brought up almost like a workforce for the parents. I don't think this idea makes sense in today's world. In fact, some believe we have problem with over population. Given the condition of society and the planet I certainly would question having a lot of children.

• Yes,I think that having more than two children.

I think that having more than two children is selfish.Since our repopulation obligation is just numerically replace ourselves then each couple should have no more than two children.The problem is the earth will only hold a certain number of people because of the size and the basic lack of resources.

• It is morally reprehensible

It baffles me in this day and age how people can think they have a "right" to have more than two children. I have had cousins who keep procreating, and the only reason was "I felt like it". It kind of disgusts me. It is morally reprehensible when we see what a state our planet is in. The educated and those that have travelled can clearly see the absolute LAST thing our planet needs is more humans. The earth is being destroyed at a rapid pace, and there is such increasing social and environmental injustice. The question I would ask myself is waht kind of world would you want your children to grow up in? An overpopulated consumerist society fighting over what little we have left. I shudder when I hear people talking about wanting "loads of children". You share the earth and this space with other humans, other animals, and an increasingly shrinking environment. Get with the program and stop being so disgusting and selfish.

• Absolutely selfish, yes!

Humans are taking over, and daily other species are becoming extinct.
    The multi-breeders who have numerous children are harming the planet, other species, their own species, and even their own children.
    It makes me incredibly cross to be honest. Enough is enough. Take away their benefits, and let them know they're scorned by the rest of us. Maybe then they'll discover contraceptives!

• Overpopulation, simple as that

Having children is a primitive biloical urge, I understand that. However, as civilized humans, we can rethink the morbidly destructive effects humans created on this earth and decide not to have children. Our earth is so overpopulated that having more than 2 children is compleatly selfish. Having 3 is tolerable I guess but 4+ is unacceptable. Families with like 8 children remind me of insects who justs have limitless children.

• Yes it's very selfish to have more than two kids

A report by the Global Footprint Network reports that currently the average human each year uses resources equivalent to nearly one-and-a-half Earths to meet its needs. The earth cannot sustain the same as it used to, and there are many unwanted children out there you could adopt, but everybody wants someone that's half-them. I judge people with more than two kids, and I judge them harshly for ruining their kids' kids' lives, because the Earth they know will be a stark contrast to the Earth we are ruining.

• Yes, I feel it is selfish to have more than two children

Due to the reduced resources population explosion has imposed upon us I feel it would be selfish to have more than two children. The fact is a person could reasonably argue that in a way even having one child is due to selfishness since there are many children who need homes so the only reason to have one is just based on a narcissistic need for the child to be like the parent and animalistic instincts (I don't feel this makes anyone a bad person or anything, but based on social science studies this is the case).

• We need to repopulate

We are seeing that many countries aren't replacing the people they have because people aren't having enough children. This kind of thinking is why many countries in Europe are being taken over by other cultures who are having multiple children. If you can support them and raise them in a stable environment, go for it.

• No, how is it selfish?

Apparently people think it's selfish to have more kids thus spending more money and having less things for themselves. Having a lot of kids should be completely acceptable. Common sense says having children can't be selfish and obviously it's up to the parents how many kids they want. It's selfish that others want to have control on other people's families.

• Having more than two children is not selfish.

There are individuals for whom having even one child would be selfish as they cannot care for that child nor are they mentally able to provide for them, and there are some who having any less than two would be selfish. The determination should be based upon what one is able to contribute both materially and emotionally to one's child.

• Have as many as you want

I do not feel like it is selfish at all to have more kids. If a couple want more than two kids than they should be able to have them, given that they can support them and make sure that they get the best. I do feel like it is selfish if people have kids just to get the welfare and then they use the kids for their own means.

• No, I don't think having more then two children is selfish.

As long as you can financially support more then two children I have no problem with people having as many children as they wish to have, the more children you have the more chances at life you gave to people who would not have been born otherwise and could go on and change the world in a positive way.