Do you think Henri Coanda's claims regarding the Coanda-1910 are too conflicted to be considered accurate?

• Coanda's claims are too inconsistent.

Coanda's claims that he made the first turbine engine would be simpler to believe if he wasn't such a liar. His prototype was recorded as destroyed during the test flight. Yet, we learn that a friend of his bought the plane. If Coanda's design was so successful, why hasn't he ever put it on display?

• Great inventor who could have been

Although he help pioneer the idea of the jet engine he didn't actually come up with a working idea because his version was flawed in its design. Also his clam to the Coanda-1910 isn't really sound since the design was Gianni Caproni actually built the aircraft in his workshop not Coanda. Further more the technology being used wasn't based entirely (although possibly in part) with a design Coanda himself has been working on.

• He had an ego.

Yes, I think that Henri Coanda's claims regarding the Coanda-1910 are too conflicted to be considerate accurate, because he claims to be the father of modern aviation, even though his designs were hardly used in modern planes at all. Coanda wanted a lot more credit than he actually deserved. His designs did not take off (pun intended).

• Yes, Coanda's claims regarding the Coanda-1910 are too conflicted to be accurate.

I definitely think that Henri Coanda's claims regarding the Coanda-1910 are too conflicted to be considered accurate. I think that there are just way too many things wrong with his accounts and claims that people should be wary of them. I think his claims needed more proof. That's why I don't believe them.

• Yes They Are

Historians and experts believe Henri Coanda changed his schematics for his airplane to suggest it was more advanced than it really was. For this reason I do believe his claims regarding the Coanda-1910 are too conflicted be considered accurate. Coanda had a lot to gain from cheating and I think that's what he tried to do.