Do you think heredity is the primary mental retardation cause?

• No, Cause is unknown

No, I don't think heredity is the primary mental retardation cause. While
    I do believe genetics can lead to mental retardation from birth I don't
    believe this is the primary cause, I believe there hundreds of other
    factors and situations that could bring about mental retardation that
    having to do with genetics, I believe we are still learning more and
    more about what causes the different forms of mental retardation.

• There are many causes of disability.

Heredity can cause mental disability, but there can be many different causes. Often times the cause is unknown. However, poor diet, poisoning, such as lead poisoning, a lack of oxygen causing brain damage, and problems during pregnancy. Heredity is likely a leading cause, but not the main cause. It is likely as common a cause as birth problems and defects.

• Genes are not the cause

There are multiple artificial causes of mental retardation. To say that it relies primarily on genetics is ignorant and hard to believe that it would be popular in this modern age. The chemicals and ingredients put into the mass population's nutrition cause untold complications, and have been allowed to go unmonitored for the most part.

• Far Too General

I believe it is impossible to attribute all cases of metal retardation to heredity. Medical studies indicate that these problems can be caused by a plethora of things some of which are hereditary, but there are also a lot of environmental causes as well. It's impossible to say that even the majority are caused by heredity.

• No, I don't think hereditty is the primary mental retardation cause.

While I do believe genetics can lead to mental retardation from birth I don't believe this is the primary cause, I believe there hundreds of other factors and situations that could bring about mental retardation that having to do with genetics, I believe we are still learning more and more about what causes the different forms of mental retardation.