Do you think Hungary should be expelled from the European Union based on its human rights track record?

• Racists disgraceful regime

It is certainly a disgrace having such a state to be part of EU. The EU has been on a self destruct track with all the new countries they are admitting lately, and it is all for financial reasons, in other words "Emerging markets" to compensate the large corps for their own stagnated markets where growth is becoming meager.

It seems that the mainstream news are also playing a large role in the misleading use of the term "Migrants" rather than "Refugees". There are huge differences between the two.
    But let's be honest there for a second, the Hungarians were refugees themselves in many countries such as Austria during the world war. Mr. Orban has been quoted more than once speaking ignorantly about other faiths such as Islam and how repulsed he is taking in refugees from the region. If this is not antisemitic then I am not sure what isn't.

Should the EU act more aggressively and thouroughly conduct background checks and qualify who it grants assylum? Certainly yes.
    It is a humanitarian crisis and obligation to give people shelter in crisis or war times.

• They are a disgrace

• They are a disgrace

• Time to reconsider Hungary's EU membership

What is the worth of our commonly agreed and stated European values if a member-state openly violates them and flirts with Russia's totalitarian regime and its own past grandeur at the expense of her European neighbours? The way I see it, Hungary during the Orban government does not bring any added value within the EU - it consumes security and confidence more than produces.

• Their latest treatment of refugees on the Serbian border is disgraceful

The latest actions by the Hungarian Government is nothing short of institutionalised xenophobia. It is also illegal, they have no authority to fire tear gas at people on Serbian soil, doing so is effectively an act of war. Hungary's track record on human rights is pretty much abysmal and these latest actions are totally reprehensible, attacking families, women and young children is sickening. All other member states of the EU have to act immediately and show that this behaviour is not acceptable and that action will be taken against Hungary if it does not desist immediately.

• Hungary should absolutely be expelled from the EU.

Their human rights track record is miserable, and their current treatment of refugees is completely unacceptable. The EU must take action and make it clear that countries that do not respect human rights do not belong within the European cooperation. If anything, Hungary should look towards Russia. It has forfeited its rights to the privileges of the European community.

• A Belarusian doppelganger

When a government attacks democracy and judicial independence, it no longer has any place in an organisation that claims to uphold the principles of democracy. Hungary should be expelled from the European Union, or at the very least, suspended until it gets its house back in order. Orban must go.

• The EU has no place for dictatorships.

As long as the Hungarian government continues on its road of dismantling democratical institutions in favor of an authoritarian single-party state, its continued participation in the EU is looking increasingly unfeasible. Disqualifying potential new candidates on the basis of the Copenhagen criteria but failing to apply these same rules to existing members smacks of hypocrisy and undermines the EU's credibility.

• After what is going on in the EU...

Protecting the EU border and the values of the EU people is not a crime. I am half Hungarian and half Polish therefore if the country is in or out of the EU, it is irrelevant. I am not interested in hate speach either. From what I can read, the border is indeed open and refugees can still claim assylum but through the normal way and not just going through the country. I have met people from muslim countries while living in the UK and I have had even friends. No issues with who does and what with his/her life. The fact that people are ssupecting that Hungarian people will start shooting to refugees is a disgraceful spit in my eyes and a complete lack of understanding of human nature...Those are the people not thinking just going afterthe propaganda and like this, you people are more dangerous than any syrian refugees. Think first.

• No, Hungary should not be expelled from the EU based on its human rights record.

The best way for the human rights record of Hungary to improve is by having pressure put on them by the EU at the top level or by fellow individual member states from within the Union. By forcing them out, we only isolate them and allows resentment and vitriol to fester.

• Every country has problems

Every country in the world, not just Hungary, has human rights issues, just not all of them are brought to light. If Hungary were to be expelled from the European Union because of it's human rights track record then most of the other member countries should be expelled as well. Not one country is perfect, instead of expelling them, steps should be taken to help them correct the problem.

• No, I do not.

I think the European Union should keep Hungary on board with them, but they have to offer them an alternative. Either clean up your act, or you will be expelled from the European Union. And, if you don't clean up your act, there may be repercussions to pay via sanctions.

• Hungary should not be expelled from the European Union

It is my opinion that Hungary should not be expelled from the European Union based on its human rights track record. I feel that using Hungary's past history to expel it from the European union would be too harsh of an action, and allowing the country a chance for change would be the easier solution.

• No, I don't think Hungary should be expelled from the EU based on its human rights track record

Overall while Hungary does not have the best human rights record the Government respects the rights of it's citizens in general, I think only in an extreme case when a Government is murdering their people outright is when the European Union should consider expelling a nation, I think expelling a nation would only throw it into more economic chaos and make the situation worse.

• No, it is no worse than other countries

I don't think Hungary is a serious rights violator. Even if it is, I think expelling it from the European Union would only make matters worse. A good solution seems to be to apply some sanctions but to make it easy for Hungary to regain full status once they comply.