Do you think Ireland is the world's first country to fully divest from fossil fuels?

• Ireland is not the first country to fully divest from fossil fuels.

Ireland is not the first country to fully divest from fossil fuels. It is a good bet that other nations have exhausted similar energy sources, but have not brought this issue to discussion. Fossil fuels are a limited resource that have been used for years. It is not unexpected that other countries have little of this.

• No, Germany or Hollandy will be the first one to reject fossil fuels

I believe that Ireland won't be a first one to completely reject fossil fuels. First one would have to be one of the economic powerhouses who in turn will set the example for other countries to follow. Closest one to his would have to be Germany or Holland. I just hope that this transition will come soon before our world suffers irreparable ecological damage.

• No, I don`t think so.

Ok. I'm all for conservation and alternative energy. This is a bit confusing. Is Ireland stopping the use of oil based energy? Including products that use this type of energy for feed stock as well? This is about NOT investing sovereign wealth in companies related to the fossil fuel industry. Irish people will still drive petrol and diesel cars and people will still burn coal and peat.

• Ireland is not the world's first country to full divest from fossil fuels.

Cuba has been using renewable energy for many years. This is because of US sanctions.Ireland is not the world's first country to divest from fossil fuels.It may be one of the first but is not the world's first. Costa Rica has gone 100% green since the start of 2015 and it has helped keep the country's environment safe.