Do you think issues affecting the Roma people have been overshadowed by a failure of national politics in Europe?

• The issues affecting the Roma people have been overshadowed by a failure of national politics in Europe.

The issues affecting the Roma people have been overshadowed by a failure of national politics in Europe. The Roma people have been persecuted throughout Europe from the 13th century and still are today. Roma camps are exiled, and Roma people receive much persecution if they are involved in a crime against a non Roma person. Policies against Roma have not changed by individual nations of Europe, and therefore are not overshadowed by a failure of national politics in Europe.

• Yes, I believe that Roma issues have been marginalized

I do think that prejudice affecting the Roma people has been overshadowed by changes in European politics. This is an ongoing issue that has plagued these people for centuries. Many minority groups have made headway in fighting against prejudice but the Romany seem to have made very little headway. I believe this is because European governments are split on the issue and there are fights in each nation. In this case, a failure of national politics can be a big part of the problem.

• Yes, the European mainstream takes precedence.

Major nations in the world may say they are concerned about the minority groups in their midst, but when push comes to shove, their own main stream political issues come first. So while the Roma are somewhat important, the failure of national politics in Europe is going to take precedence.

• Not at all

No, I do not think that the Roma people are getting any type of bad representation in Europe, and I think that they need to just mix in with the regular people there and need to start just being a part of the general population, and not try to be separate.

• We are aware of their issues.

No, I do not think that the issues affecting the Roma people have been overshadowed by a failure of national politics of Europe, because the national politics of Europe have been largely successful, as the economies of Europe have been working together better than ever before. The Roma have not been overshadowed, they are given ample attention.