Do you think it is accurate to locate the beginnings of Western civilization in ancient Greece?

• History is everywhere on this planet

Ancient areas of Greece can be discovered and put perspective in some of the major topics about earlier times in history. Western civilization of Greece can tell you a lot about certain time lines in history. Just like areas such as Jerusalem, Greece, and Persia they all have significant reference to them.

• Greece is where it started.

Yes, the Greeks should be given credit for starting the beginnings of Western civilization. A lot of inventions, sciences, and philosophies were developed during ancient Greece. As well as modern democracy. What should also be noted is that they got many of their ideas from the Egyptians and the Indians.

• The Beginnings of Western Civilization

I personally think that it is not accurate to locate the beginnings of Western civilization in ancient Greece because it would cause something over in Greece as well as the Western Civilization probably not get along with the Ancient Greece people. I personally think that it is not accurate to locate beginnings of Western civilization because it could affect the people over in Ancient Greece.

• I Don't Think So

I do not believe it is accurate to locate the beginnings of Western civilization in ancient Greece. I believe prior to that time there are plenty of examples that led up to that specific time period that built on the models of civilization. I actually think it is difficult to pin-point an exact starting point because everything really comes into play, there's not really one specific point where you can say, here, this is where it started.

• No, the beginnings of Western civilization were established far earlier than the time of ancient Greece

Ancient Greece and its contributions to western civilization are clear, but to say that ancient Greece represents western civilizations beginnings is not accurate. Western civilization has its beginnings in the establishment of agriculture, the cultivation and maintenance of crops and livestock, which came thousands of years earlier than ancient Greece. It was the establishment of agriculture that allowed for the development of the first permanent human communities like towns and cities such as ancient Greece.