Do you think it is appropriate to have the WTC Muslim Center near Ground Zero?

• Yes, I believe it is appropriate to have the WTC Muslim Center near ground zero.

Yes, I do believe it is appropriate, but I believe that a celebration of every religion should be featured in that area. The hate that caused the September 11th terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center could have been avoided by an understanding of the many different views and cultures throughout the world. If everyone understood and accepted each others differences, maybe terrorism would stop.

• Muslim's died in the tower as well that were not terrorists.

While the terrorist attacks were caused by Muslim terrorists, there were still some innocent Muslims that died in the attacks. We should be angry at the Muslims that caused and perpetrated the attacks, not the innocent ones that have an equal right to mourn their lost ones as any Christian or other religion that did.

• It would offend 9/11 survivors, and the families of victims

The bombing was caused by Muslims, and now we congratulate them by letting them make a memorial to their religion near the site. It's almost like letting Japan put a memorial at Pearl Harbor, saying, "The slaughter of thousands of innocent Americans was just". This event is traumatic. If you nearly died there, would you want the perpetrators to be accepted? NO, you wouldn't.

• Hell no never in my lifetime.

These people are very disrespectful towards Americans of many races. This is disrespect to the victims of 9/11 even the firemen that risked there lives to save the people in the building. This goes around the country as a big problem. But these people are very disrespectful towards Americans of many races i am only a 16 year old what do i know about this for all i know i could be called racist and disrespectful but here me out this should not happen ever as
    long as we are sane. Please hear me out. #never happen

• Having the WTC Muslim Center near Ground Zero is unnaceptable

Having the WTC Muslim Center near Ground Zero is unnaceptable. I don't care how much they support Americans and their way of life and feel for the people who perished on 9/11, to many Americans that is a sign of disrespect. They could have easily build their WTC Muslim Center somewhere farther away from Ground Zero, but they chose not to. It's as if they were looking to piss someone off.

• I don't think it is appropriate to have the WTC Muslim Center near Ground Zero.

I don't think it is appropriate to have the WTC Muslim Center near Ground Zero. I think it is poor taste to place a Muslim Center near ground zero, since the events of 9/11 are psychologically connected with Islam for the people that were near ground zero on 9/11 or for people who lost friends and family in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.