Do you think it's better to have a singular passion in life (yes) or be well-rounded with knowledge of a little bit of everything (no)?

• One Passion Works Better

I do not have one passion, I have several and have taken the well-rounded approach to life, so to speak. I think people who have one passion tend to be more successful in this world, as my method certainly has not worked for me. Ultimately, it's a personal choice, but in the end, you still have to feed yourself.

• Well-rounded is the way to go.

'The accomplished scholar is not a utensil.' (Analects 2.12) This means a superior man should not be skilled only in one area. Limiting your knowledge in one field actually prevents you from going further because all fields are connected and eventually you'll need understanding about other fields to further advance in your own. Besides, if you know only one trade, once the market tide starts to turn against it, you'll lose your job and won't be able to get another...

• No, it's better to be well-rounded.

I think that it is way better to be well-rounded with knowledge of a little bit of everything rather than just having one singular passion in life. I think that it is important that somebody appreciates a variety of all the tings that life can offer. And people should be able to experience things other than just waht they're comfortable with.

• Well rounded is better

I think that so much of our focus in education is to only prepare kids for one type of career path and to not broaden their minds to other opportunities. It is much better to be well rounded because then you can truly think for yourself and be inventive with your craft.

• Life is rich.

I think that it is better to be well rounded with knowledge of a little bit of everything, rather than to have a singular passion in life, because life is not just about one thing. Life is diverse; it is interesting. A person cannot live fully if they do not stop to appreciate many things.