Do you think Johnny Weir's fashion statement will be viewed favorably on the world stage considering he is representing the United States in the public eye?

• The way we dress is how we express our true selves

Who is anyone to judge what someone wears? Our clothes represent who we are and embrace our uniqueness. Every person has the right to wear what they want. Johnny Weir is dressed in fashion that means something to him. It fits his personality. The US has plenty of stars that dress in shocking garb. Why would his fashion be any different? I say he proudly proclaims to the world that he has courage and inventiveness!

• Statement of tolerance

Johnny Weir's fashion statement should be supported by the United States because his representation was intended to provoke the Russian laws against homosexuality, and by being a representative of the United States, this is a show of solidarity by the United States and the international community as a support of homosexuality.

• I personally could careless

If his employer approved of it, then what is the problem? His costume was very flamboyant and different. As long as it was not inappropriate for TV, then let him wear it. The Olympics should be fun and enjoyable. The people who had a problem with the costume need to chill out. It did not effect my life one way or another, so I could careless about the whole situation.

• I disagree that Johnny Weir represents the US

This question makes many assumptions that I just can't agree with. Firstly, Johnny Weir is assumed to represent the US. That is not a valid assumption on the scale which this question assumes. Johnny Weir is big in some circles, but those don't include the "world stage." Even in those fashion circles within which Johnny Weir belongs, I don't think that there is a favorable or unfavorable view to be had. Some people like a brand of fashion and others do not. There is also an assumption of fashion being a concern on the "world stage." It often is not because those that make fashion statements on such a level are expected to. I cannot agree with this statement in its entirety.

• No, Weir's fashion statement will not be viewed as positive.

I do not think that Johhny Weir's fashion statement during the Winter Olympics will be viewed favorably on the world stage considering he is representin the United States in the public eye. I think that Johnny Weir's over the top fashion will actually hurt his cause and principles with the public.