• Parents should know where their kids are.

And if having cell phones to contact their parents if they are in an emergency situation will help, I say yes. But I can't think of any reason why a kid should be walking around with a smartphone. A simple phone should do the trick for keeping in touch. It also depends on your child's age and maturity.

• Depends on age/purpose

We are living in different times, and the way crime rate is at an all time high lately, I think kids should be allowed to use cell phones; but, strictly to contact their parents in case of an emergency. They should be given an older track phone or something of that nature until they old enough to use newer smart phones.

• Phones can help kids in rough situation.

I support the fact that kids should use cell phones as long as its not been abused. Phones can come handy in many situation. Lets say a child who is alone all the time and needs to talk to someone that can prevent child from feeling lonely. And in emergency situation it can be a life saving device.

• Generally speaking no

Kids should have bare minimum phones that can call their parents in the event of an emergency and that's it. They don't need (another) mobile gaming device, they don't need something to text each other during school, or any of that. It should be a tool for use in emergency situations and that's it.