• I'd say so.

'Love'. Just mother nature's cruelest trick to get us to reproduce. Nothing more.
    It is overrated, I'd agree with it being just a fantasy that for many people just isn't achievable. It's different with everybody so is it right to just generalise like that? I think not.
    It sets unrealistic expectations in people that just leads to disappointment, because it's portrayed as "perfect", "never ending", which is incorrect because love is not perfect at all, and it ends all the time.

• It doesn't last.

Yes, I think that love is overrated, because love does not last. Love is something that people think they have until it is no longer convenient for them. Love is something that people lose easily when the going gets rough. It is an idealist fantasy that people should give up on.

• Yes It Is

I believe love is overrated. I think lust is far more powerful because lust is what makes people act. Love is something that has lasting power and that is important, but it shouldn't be considered a requirement. Some people can get enough love from common relationships that they don't need love in the sense most people think.

• Love is most definitely overrated

It doesn't last for ever it fades with time everyone who married for love regrets it in the end. I believe that only the most naive people will think love is real. It a cruel and most useless feeling ever to have. Marry for money for having children etc but love, most definitely not!!!!

• Love is just another word for desire. You simply desire a person and you will do whatever you can to get them.

When you look at someone the first thing you look at is there physical aspect. How pretty or handsome they look and then how fit or sexy of a body do they have. There is no such thing as love it is just wanting of a person. Love is overrated. People change their minds all the time what makes it different about love. That is because there isn't a difference we change our partners because we want something different. We all hope love can one day change us for the better but sometimes it screws you over for the worst.

• I'm completely biased when I say this

To get this out of the way, I'm aro/ace which basically means I don't date nor do I have sex. The way I view love is that it's this reaction to someone aesthetically attractive first and foremost. Of course, I'm sure personality plays like 95% into if you would date the person but it helps if they can turn a few heads, yeah? The human body is genetically geared to procreate; that is the main biological mission in life. A person becomes a more promising candidate when they're physically fit, are able to provide protection and shelter, and comfort you in times of stress; this is the basis of a good partner, not including their sexual prowess, but I find in today's young generation, they look more towards "soul mates" and "the one". More superficial and romanticized romance...If that makes sense. Kinda what you'd find in a movie, unless all love is like that; I wouldn't know not having romantic feelings for someone.

• It is extremely.

Love is just a cruel chemical that makes us want to reproduce with another person. It'll make a person feel really good, but as soon as it wears off the couple will begin to feel resentment and divorce normally follows, bringing hell to the two involved as well as their children. There's nothing magical about it. It's a drug and nothing more and if you disagree than, well... Good luck to you.πŸ‘

• It is extremely.

• It is extremely.

• It is extremely.

• No, love is not overrated. Lust is.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

• All Kinda of Love

Their are many kinda of love. Most people experience to joy of famial love and companion love. However, with romantic love, it must turn from passionate love to compassionate love to last. It takes lots of work and not all couples are the fantasy couples, but they can make it last. The most important part is: you needed to be friends.

• No, love is not overrated.

I do not think that love is overrated. I think that it is something that most people will never experience. But I do think that some people are more addicted to experiencing love than actually staying in it. I think that there are too many times when people think they are in love when they are not.

• No, probably not.

Real, true love is not overrated. However, many people do not find this type of love and end up spending most of their time flitting from relationship to relationship, which makes some people believe it is overrated. When the relationship is one of trust and companionship, then the love is real and not overrated.

• Real love is rare because it has to be cultivated and is a lifestyle

A lot of people commenting here are burned, bitter and jaded because they couldn't distinguish lust from love. Lust IS overrated. Love is much deeper and more tolerant and lasting. People who love their families don't just quit on them despite harsh words spoken and many times of hurt feelings. Despite bad times the good outweighs the bad and people continue to gather as families and continue familial relationships. It must have something to do with the blood ties. In short, when you love someone even when they hurt you---it is difficult to stop caring or wanting the best for a person just as bad news about family members disturbs, saddens or hurts us. The feelings that go into loving someone do not turn to acid hoping for that person's ruin. No there is a feeling of remorse and you still care and want the best for the person---even if its not with you. This is because during the relationship the person (spouse) really becomes a part of you especially when you shared and worked toward many of the same goals and strived for the same dreams together. Sure you get angry--sometimes vengeful when it ends---but this never lasts and its replaced by regret & sorrow almost like a death. But you realized you still want the best for the person because well, your feelings are kind of still entertwined. Once a person enters the DNA of your soul sharing an indescribable intimacy it really hard to shut down all feelings. Sure we sometimes have to walk away but it hurts because deep down you still care. You just know it won't work out. Some people just aren't honest with themselves and of course, some folks really don't have hearts that have known what it means to love. Love is the glue which holds this world together. Compassion afterall, is also a kind of love. When our hearts are moved to tears by someone in tragic or unfortunate circumstances that is compassion it moves us to reach out and help. Love is the reason most mothers refuse to abandon their children. Love is not overrated most people just don't ever achieve it. They know only lust.

• The Power of Love

80% of brainwashed crash test dummies that say YES, unfortunately, you are heart-washed too. Love is not a CHEMICAL. It is the starlight in your heart that you're no longer aware of. You're bitter because someone rejected your ego or, according to the ultimate silence treatment, someone "ghosted" you. Well, there goes your LOVE for technology. Take a walk between the WINCO aisles and tell me what you see? The lines of precooked zombies that become what they eat. But no, how could you be aware of that? Maybe you don't buy your food at WINCO; maybe you go to WHOLE FOODS MARKET instead, but as long as you don't get your head out of your apps, you won't really CARE. You can't waste your precious time because you're taught to dream big and go for it. But if you're so much into your Numbers Game, do the math. 7 billion people. Climbing the social ladder, are they going to ultimately fight and destroy each other? Only if they LOVE and RESPECT one another, they still have a chance to save the air they breathe.

• Love is not overrated.

I actually believe that love is a personal concept. It takes me a long while before I can love a person. The most important part of that equation is trust. I cannot love anyone I don't trust. To think that people relate lust to love is just crazy. No comparison. Lust and sex are related. Love is outside of that. It is deep and has nothing at all to lust. Just my opinion.