Do you think lyrics are the most important part of a song?

Asked by: CCLemon
  • Yes, i agree

Because if you don't know the meaning of the song that basically consist in words, you don't feel totally thoughts, emotions and feelings of the song. Almost you might not like the song but if you listen to the words you can relive their own meaning of life. But, the melody also has a great influence on the emotional state of man. Sometimes, namely music brings man to life, reminds him of certain things, changes its attitude. But, there are some cases in which the person does not understand the language in which the lyrics are written, so the only way to reflect on the song, to introduce you in the mood , it appears to be the melody, the song itself.

• Although I love all aspects of songs.. Lyrics are the message

The lyrics are what speak to you, what pulls you. In.. I'm not saying that they're not good songs w/o lyrics.. But whether or not I like a song with lyrics is going to depend on the message and lyrics.. Not saying vocal talent and rhythm aren't also a factor on whether or not I like a song.. Just saying if I don't like the lyrics.. I donor like the song

• Lyrics are the message.

Though other parts of the music may give the general feeling or tone of a song, i.E., light and happy, or dark and ominous, the whole purpose of lyrics is the message itself. If the lyrics don't provide some form of message then they might as well be either in a language you don't understand or not exist at all. Though the music part of a song may be totally subjective as not all people enjoy the same type, i.E., country, metal etc, many songs have been redone to fit those other tastes.
    Though having songs about nothing can become popular, what is sad is when the lyrics are sang in such a manor that it really does not matter what they say. Some songs have so much other sound from the instruments that you can't really hear what they are about, other songs have the lyrics so fast that you can only make out a word here and there. There are also songs that use such poor pronunciations that misunderstanding what is said is common. Personally, I feel that there is no point in making the effort of writing lyrics if few if any actually know what they are.

• Lyrics can be overpowering

I think there can be alot of divide on this question, and that can vary with everyone's taste in music. Pop music puts more of an emphasis on melodies and song-structure, where-as the lyrics don't mean all that much; same goes with instrumental jazz and some rock music. But there are songs that put a huge emphasis on lyrical structure, and there are some amazing singer-songwriters out there. In some cases, I think that it some cases it can go hand-in-hand. If a song sounds good and it has stellar lyrics, I certainly will enjoy it. Others are more into the distinct voice, and that can also play a role in some cases, maybe more so with popular hit music.

Posted by: S.K
  • The way it sounds is more important.

It may sound weird, but humans often look past what's being said and just listen to the sound. A lot of people don't know how vulgar "Rock you like a hurricane" really is, but they still like the song. A personal experience is a Christmas song my family was listening to. The lyrics were about joy and happiness but the song just really sounded sad. It brought the mood down regardless of the message the artist really wanted to send.

Posted by: rip
  • Listening foreign songs

I like to listen to songs sung in foreign language i dont speak. I dont understand the lyrics but i like melody so i like the song only because it sounds good. Being a teenager i really liked Katty Perry song I liked a girl, i was singing it, though only now i realize what it means, still i like that song))

• Why do you buy it?

You buy that song to listen to music of it ,otherwise you would go and read the lyric of it or just buy a pottery book, instead of that you decide to buy it and listen to the feeling of that music, and how that lyric are interpret, isn't that true?

• Why do you buy it?

• Why do you buy it?

• Why do you buy it?

• Why do you buy it?

• Why do you buy it?

• Lyrics are not the most important

I think the most important part of a song is the melody/notes and the musical part of the song. However I think lyrics are a very important part of music. Meaningful lyrics make a good song even better. It depends on why you listen to music. If you listen to music and what something that speaks to you or conveys meaning, then lyrics would be the most important to you. But if you listen to music for how it sounds then the melody is the most important to you.

• I listen to music everyday.

Most of my music I listen to is dubstep. And hardly any of the stuff I listen to has ANY words at all. I have, like, a couple japanese ones on my playlist, and one that says "Jump" in the background over and over to keep the beat. That's all.

marry77479 says2014-12-27T18:53:31.913
Earning money online was never been easy as it has become for me now. I freelance over the internet and earn about 75 bucks an hour. Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only

require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. A little effort and handsome earning dream is just a click away..........

...........................Jobs-Sites.Com