• I believe she is dead.

I do not base my opinion on this on anything related to this particular case. I base it on decades of dealing with such things. Occasionally, these children are found alive. It is extremely rare. If she is alive, she is living under conditions worse than death itself. The whole notion of the monsters who abduct and misuse the innocent is so repulsive to the most basic human instincts, that even among prisoners the people who do these things are marked men.

• I believe she could still be alive!

There are few cases where indeed children who have been abducted do happen to turn up years later. What I could envisage is that this will be another Joseph fritlz case where the child may be kept captive against her will for reasons that one would not want to fathom. Here's hoping that she is dead instead of having a worse than death life