Do you think manufacturing can make the U.S. economy recover?

• America Needs Specialty Manufacturing

The United States needs to manufacture products not found anywhere else such as electric cars, turbines, nanotechnology and other big-ticket items that other countries find useful. The oil and gas industry can also help the U.S. economy recover because gas prices can be reduced as we lessen our dependence upon foreign sources of oil.

• Manufacturing cannot make the U.S. economy recover.

Manufacturing is no longer an important industry in the United States. Most of the jobs have been outsourced to developing countries where the labor is much cheaper. Manufacturing will never return to America because it is too expensive to pay for safety and insurance for workers in the United States.

• Manufacturing Is Our Past

I do not believe that manufacturing can make the US economy recover. As far as I can tell the manufacturing industry may have recovered slightly, but I know even in my own area there are still fewer manufacturing plants now, then there were ten years ago. Manufacturing was part of America's past and it will still employee Americans, but not near as many. I do not believe it will bring about a full economic recovery.

Manufacturing cannot help the American economy recover. Manufacturing has moved to countries with cheaper labor, like China and Mexico. These jobs will never return to America because American workers require higher pay and better benefits. The American economy will have to recover by expanding other industries which cannot be lost to outsourcing.

• I don’t think that manufacturing can ever make the U.S. economy recover.

I don’t think that manufacturing can ever make the U.S.
    economy recover. I think that the recovery
    of the U.S. economy will depend upon Intellectual property the services that we
    create. Most physical products can be
    produced a lot cheaper in other countries than they can ever be produced here.