• Marijuana should most definitely be legalized

Marijuana should most definitely be legalized. Why? If you have never actually tried it you may ask this question. If you have not, then you don't know why. If you dont want to try it, then dont. It's very simple...It is for a fact, much safer than legalized alcohol, tobbacco, and prescription pills with 1000 side effects attached to them. You know what else? Not one person in history has overdosed on marijuana...Fact. This plant has been used since the beginning of time. Our own human bodies have built in receptors specifically for marijuana. And to close, the only thing we are doing by keeping this helpful plant illegal is keeping the black market for it running strong, and keeping the legal system tied up with innocent people. It's absurd. Bottom line is, if you don't like it, don't do it. Don't prohibit me from something because you do not like it, because, where does that kind of behaviour end......Legalize today for a better tomorrow.

• They Should Legalize Marijuana

I've seen documentaries That marijuana helps people. A story about a man who had cancer. He had to have chemotherapy. The side effects on him were bad and someone suggested to take Marijuana and he did. The side effects went away and he could eat normally. Knowing that his mother and dad have to supply it and there father is a cop its bad right but legalize Marijuana will fix problems they should only go to Jail if it is for recreational use.

• It ahould be legalized definately.

Where I come from. A lot of people say that weed is the problem that makes all "gangsters". I personally think that your personality is what you make it to be, and adding to that, another reason why gang members act like so is because #1 they had a messed up childhood and theyre on drugs such cocaine, meth LSD and all those bad drugs. Its not marijuana's fault. Marijuana does not make you like that it is those bad for your health and mind drugs that mess you up. Use what God has planted upon this earth. It says every thing that is put on the planet is for the benifit of mankind. A lot of people get confused by that, dont. God didnt put cocaine or meth on this earth, man did. Is it for the benifit of mankind no it is not. Marijauna has many benifits both medicinal and recreational. I believe its a social drugs. I have freinds that smoke pot along with their family. And do you know what it brings them together. Do they act like they wanna kill you, of course not. They are nice normal people who do their job as a human on this planet. Im 14 years old and i live in Texas. And this my perception on this matter and I hope whoever reads my opinion agrees and shares the same feeling towards this. Peace

• Definitely for medical reasons

I think it should be legalized but only for physical and mental health reasons. Yes, I have tried it before but only because I wanted the experience. I have depression and once I have tried it all of the sadness went away. I wasn't happy, nor sad I just felt normal and relaxed forgetting all of the stress I've gone through. Before this experience I believed marijuana should be legalized. I read a article about a girl that had seizures and the seizures lower down amazingly.
    In my opinion marijuana is a medicine that is just abused and that should be used respectfully for health. Its like someone buying headache pills and using it when they feel perfectly fine.

• Of course, it was made illegal on completely false pretenses.

Think of it like this; if the federal government had made kept alcohol illegal and marijuana had remained legal this entire time... Would you support the legalization of alcohol? Over consumption leads to death. It alters your behavior. When people drink, they become a completely different person in some cases. It is associated with many rape convictions. If anything is a gateway drug, I would say alcohol is over marijuana. You can't overdose on marijuana. Anyone who thinks that it is a gateway drug obviously doesn't know the numerous people around them who do smoke. Trust me, when it IS made legal.... You'll probably find out your parents used to or still do.

• I haven't been able to stop thinking about how contradictory we are as a society towards drugs

Okay, so I think its fair to say alcohol is a socially acceptable drug. As is tobacco but that's a completely different entry. Technically no one on this earth, unless they have never smoked a cigarette or a glass of wine, can not call themselves a drug user. Simple. Alcohol causes serious health problems, it is a depressant that speeds down your body functions. Around 33,000 deaths a year are caused in the UK because of purely alcohol related health issues. One in every 25 adults in the UK are dependent on it and over 17million working hours are lost every year due to people taking the day off from the affects of alcohol. If that's not enough, 17% of all road deaths are caused by drivers over the limit. Cannabis is a naturally occurring drug across the globe, a mild sedative/hallucinogenic that although still not well-understood, has scientific evidence to prove it is useful in a wide range of conditions from asthma to chemotherapy treatments. It hasn't been established as to whether someone can become dependent on cannabis; it is more likely they would become dependent on the tobacco used to smoke cannabis. Coincidentally that along with alcohol is legal and the government has the authority to sell these 'drugs' to us, advertise the use of alcohol to the public and tax the living daylights out of us to buy them; money they can then use to build more roads for us to drive on drunk out of our minds! Surely it is clear which of these drugs should be legal if not mandatory, yet society dictates everything we do and because for hundreds of years alcohol has been a part of socializing, we are not yet advanced enough to move forward, look to the future. Ever stopped to think that maybe cannabis or any naturally occurring drug, another example being mushrooms, are there to help us evolve? Basically I can't see why we can't see the flaws we've created...

• I think yes

Yes because I mean its their own life if they want to let there life go to a down fall when they get addicted its not my fault and ps. I'm not discriminating so I think yes it should be legal and that's just what I feel it should be like

• Gateway drug legal? What a joke

Everyone starts with weed or cigarettes then they need a new high. Notice the only people that disagree with the statement my weed is a gateway drug to much worse things are stoners. Of course they don't believe in addiction from weed or the slow plummet into the harder drugs. It's medically and scientifically proven also to impair driving skills. Legal? Hell no.

• No they should not.

Marijuana should not be made legal, it will cause way more problems then it will good. People who smoke it subject themselves to acting like idiots and often make bad decisions when under the influence. I do not think cigarettes and alcohol should be legal either, but it is a little too late for that.

• Do as you will, it's your Life.

They should just let people do what they want as long as its not addictive and I don't believe marijuana is. If they are stupid enough to let this drug ruin their life why not let them, we are over populated anyway and wouldn't it be good to let dumb people die? I'm not saying all are, but just if they over do it. Ultimately it's their life !!!

• No, I don't

I blaze, but if it was made legal, they would go harsher on the dealers. Which sucks, because the GOV would probably supply sh*t weed, and they will be cracking down on people who sell the good stuff. So, they end wouldn't be worth the means in this case at all.

• Um... Un safe!!!

If marihuana is legal than why isn't every drug? When I get older I don't want to have to worry about my kids wanting to do these drugs... Or for them to be legal, age limit or not. We don't need people running around offering them to kids. And we certainly don't need anymore legal drugs. People will still will do these drugs, but the fact that they would be legal isn't right.