Do you think modern rap artists often mimic or sample Notorious B.I.G. in their music?

• Modern rap artists often mimic Notorious B.I.G.

Most modern rap artists really aren't creating new works at all, but are just copying the works of those who went before them. Not only do they copy the work of Notorious B.I.G., they also sample other rap and pop artists to such a degree that it's hard to say there's anything creative going on at all.

• Yes, they do.

A lot of modern rap artists do sample or mimic the Notorious BIG in a lot of their songs. Of course they do. He is among the best rappers to have ever lived, and is perhaps the most legendary. Either he or Tupac. Many will continue to mimic and sample.

• Because he does so well.

Yes, I think that modern rap artists often mimic or sample Notorious B.I.G. in their music, because he was so legendary. People will always try to emulate that which does the best. B.I.G. had such a presence and such a style. It is natural that other artists copy, just like children copy their favorite baseball players.

• Yes, quite B.I.G. is often emulated

I think the Notorious BIG is the father of modern rap and is therefore a strong influence on modern artists. Obviously some current rappers mimic him more directly than others, but I think it's nearly impossible to be a credible rapper without portraying some of the same qualities that BIG had.

• I do not think that modern rap artists often mimic or sample Notorious B.I.G. in their music.

I do not think that modern rap artists often mimic or sample Notorious B.I.G. in their music. I think that sometimes modern rap pretty much sounds the same or they get their ideas from the same inspiration. Notorious was a famous rapper and he was respected because of his talents.