Do you think more police stationed on college campuses will reduce violence and increase security?

• They can react.

Yes, I think that more police stationed on college campuses will reduce violence and increase security, because the people who are thinking about committing violent acts on college campuses will know that there might be someone who can react. The police will be able to help with everyday matters, too

• Yes, more police on campus will reduce violence.

I definitely think that more police stationed on college campuses will reduce violence and increase security. I think that if there is more of a police presence on college campuses, there will be less of a chance that people will want to commit a crime and students will feel safer.

• Yes, I belive so.

I am against guns, but the increase of police presence is a completely different story. With police present, people of course hesitate in committing a crime. Though, with a person intent on doing a gun massacre, the fact that police are there might even entice their sick minds even more.

• More police on campus is not the answer for reducing violence.

Police represent less of an actual prevention measure than a notional one. A presence of an authority figure does not mean that there is more safety. The safety measures enacted by placing a few more officers on campus only really effects their immediate vicinity. That does not significantly impact the actual security. It will only impact the violence nominally with minimal adjustments, and be effective with massive increases in patrols. There is a large gap between the numbers though.