• I did some research, and Joseph smith was disgusting.

First of all I would like to point out that there is no historical evidence found to prove anything in the Mormon bible. The second thing was that Joseph smith was a freak. He raped numerous women in his life time and marries multiple as well. He is a sexist person and I have no clue why someone would believe the culty nonsense LDS are taught.

• All non major religions are, by definition.

All religions are cults to an extent because they aren't the norm for those that don't follow them, but a more accepted definition would be groups that aren't major religions, or differ drastically from any of the major religions. Mormonism would fit this. It is based off major religion, Christianity, but is drastically different from any other version of it.

• Joseph Smith is an antichrist.

Rewriting Christian theology is indicative of an ambitious heretic. Takes one to know one. Excommunication is more oppressive in Mormonism. The word prophet is thrown around casually among elite members, as if their stupidity wasn't obvious enough. The legacy of Joseph Smith is an inconsistency of racist and sexist practices that are now 'fixed' from public perception.

• Mormonism is a cult

Mormonism is a non-Christian cult because Mormonism denies essential biblical teachings and adds new, false doctrines. They teach a lot of nonsense when it comes to the Bible and believe that they can change the view of anyone that will listen to them. I believe that Mormonism is a cult.

• Not a cult

Mormons are a religious denomination of Christianity. It seems like that since the religion was created recently that it is entirely fake. Nobody knows where catholicism originated yet its legitimacy is never questioned. There is no such thing as a "Mormon bible", which implies that the Mormons created their own version of the Bible, which is entirely false. There is the Book of Mormon, and is considered "Another Testament of Jesus Christ", and goes alongside the bible and contradicts nothing. This whole thing about Joseph Smith rewriting the both true and false. Joseph was asked by God to retranslate the bible into its original form, which was altered by many people over the centuries, rather that make up something completely new. Mormons believe in the bible teachings fully. 2 years of seminary class for LDS high schoolers are spend entirely to research of the bible. As for Joseph Smith, it may seem a little odd, but it is true. He received direct revelation from God to establish the LDS church. And before anybody says that he just made it all up, remember that the Catholic Pope also claims to receive revelations directly from God, and nobody (other than atheists) would question the Pope. And it is true, that Joseph Smith did have multiple wives. Polygamy was a common practice at the time and was soon outlawed by the church not long after his death. Altogether, the Mormon/LDS faith is as much of a religion as anything else.

• No, Mormonism is not a cult

We are Christians. And before you freak out saying we aren't, allow me to enlighten you to the fact that we follow Jesus Christ's teachings to our interpretation. Just because our interpretations are different doesn't make us any less of Christians. This means we are not a cult because Christianity is not a cult. For heaven's sake, our official name is The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints.

• No, mormonism is not a cult

I do not believe that Mormonism is a cult. Mormonism is a religion that is just as valid or invalid as any other. While I personally disagree with the proselytizing aspect of Mormonism, I do not see any problems with those who choose to practice it in their own lives.Cults, by definition, have to harm society, and Mormonism does not meet that threshold.

• It does push the limits

The Mormon religion is a religion. They do seem to be very set in their ways, but for the most part pretty nice people. Mormons do have some very old fashioned traditions and love to recruit new people. They still give people a choice though, as to join the religion or not. That is why they are not a cult.

• No, Mormonism isn't a cult.

I do not believe that Mormonism is a cult. I think that it is as valid as any other religion out there. Even though I may not be religious, nor do I think Mormonism is credible, it is still as much of a religion as any of the other faiths.