Do you think Muhammad Ali had the right to be a conscientious objector during the Vietnam War?

• Of course he did.

The war was horrible to begin with and perhaps based on a false incident. But I do understand where Ali was coming from. He was a black guy that made something huge of himself during a time when blacks' backs were against the wall. I wouldn't have wanted to give that up to defend a country that hated me either.

• Ali had every right to object to the Vietnam War

The boxer Muhammad Ali (who was born as Cassius Clay) had absolutely every right to be a conscientious objector during the Vietnam War. At this time, many people were refusing to fight in a war they believed to be unjust. We could learn from his example today in our own feelings about war.

• Everyone Had The Right

I believe every person had the right to be a conscientious objector during the Vietnam War. This is what freedom is about, having the right to speak out about actions you don't agree with. Anyone who was aware of the situation and understood it had every right to speak out against it, including Muhammad Ali.

• Yes he did

A lot of men protested against that war. Americans didn't feel that it was worth the fight to go into that war. America went over to North Vietnam there was no real reason to invade that country the way we did at that time. America is good at making war and problems.