• Yes, I am sure they hacked Sony.

It would be kind of obvious that they hacked Sony, because of the new movie that recently came out in theaters called "the Interview". In the show they assassinate the present North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. This would obviously make the North Koreans very upset. I can not think of anyone else that would have hacked Sony but them.

• Unhappy with the upcoming movie mockery

I do believe North Korea would have hacked Sony, after the company has been advertising a movie that basically is intended to mock their leader. While the USA might have "freedom of speech" and be able to make movies like this, it doesn't mean that it doesn't go against beliefs in the countries they are attacking. In some places, saying anything against the government is a punishable crime. USA should consider themselves lucky that North Korea's reaction was ONLY to hack Sony, and not worse, like declaring war.

• North Korea really hacked Sony.

It is clear that North Korea hacked Sony because they had a motive and a means to do so. China supports the hacking efforts of the DPRK, and has provided logistical support for their spying programs. Furthermore, North Korea has publicly praised the security breach. There are no other serious suspects for this crime.

• They said they didn't do it.

The supporting headline might sound like a silly headline, but really, think about it. North Korea has done some worse things than this and did not try to hide it. For example, launching shells on a South Korean military base. Why would they try to hide their responsibility now just for a hack? It doesn't make really make sense to me.

Posted by: NPd
  • Yes, I am sure they hacked Sony.

• I am not sure

It could be that they really did, or this could be a huge publicity stunt. I don't think that a company this large really needs to pull a stunt like this though. Maybe someone who is a North Korea Extremist, or a group, hacked Sony. Although, I would believe that N. Korea did, they are ridiculous.

• No, I do not believe that North Korea hacked Sony.

The problem with computer security system infiltrations such as what happened to Sony is that it is extremely difficult to determine their origin with any degree of certainty. All of the evidence pointed to by the federal government as indicating that the attack originated in North Korea could have easily been faked. At the end of the day, the federal government needed someone to blame for obvious political reasons, and North Korea was an easy choice.