Do you think outgoing lawmakers should be getting as much pension money as they do?

• No I do not think outgoing lawmakers should get so much pension money.

I am very much against the practice of giving outgoing lawmakers such large pensions. Our economy is horrible and the rich just keep getting richer. These lawmakers already had hefty salaries during their term and now they receive more money to do nothing. Most of them do not do enough to earn their salaries in the first place!

• I don't beleive they should be getting as much pension as they do!

There are many people here in the world that work their butts off to make enough money to make their family eat and sleep in a warm home. Whether your bagging someone's groceries or a police officer, we are all trying to do out best which is why I think it would be better if everyone received the same pension money! Not more or less!

• No, I dont think outgoing lawmakers should be getting as much pension money as they do.

No, I do not think that out going lawmakers should be getting as much pension money as they do because it is not fair how people who had a good job get to live so well off meanwhile there are starving and homeless people out on the street. No one should be rich and the money should be all equally spread!

• No, outgoing lawmakers should not get large pensions

Over the last decade or so of economic turmoil, one of the first measures lawmakers have turned to in order to cut government costs has been the pensions of government workers of all kinds. This being the case, how could it possibly be fair that they themselves should still receive huge pensions like this? If anything, the pensions of firefighters and other such government employees should be protected well ahead of that of career politicians.