Do you think patients with anorexia nervosa should be force fed?

• Yes, I believe they should be given life saving treatment.

Anorexia is a mental disease and should be treated like other mental disorders. If they are a danger to themselves or others they should be given treatment despite their wishes until their diagnosis is under control. For anorexia part of the treatment may be intravenous nutrition. I don't think they should be forced to physically eat through their mouths but nutrition should be given until they are of their right mind.

• Yes, until therapy helps.

It scares me to think of having a teenage daughter with anorexia. I can't imagine the fear and pain of a mother who watches her daughter waste away day by day and not be able to do anything to stop or reverse it. I think people with anorexia have such distorted views of themselves that they should be force fed as an intervention just to keep them alive.

• Yes, patients with anorexia nervosa should be force fed.

I think that patients with anorexia nervosa should be force fed. I think that there are some cases of anorexia that is very difficult for some people to deal with. I think that it is important people try to seek treatments for such conditions. I also think that such extreme cases need to be treated in such a manner.

• Yes They Should

Anorexia nervosa is a serious problem for patients because they often have trouble taking the steps to improve their own health. These people are a danger to their own health and if they are not force fed then there life is in potential danger. In all honesty I think force feeding is only the better of two bad options.

• The psychological problems should be cured first

Force feeding is not a good way to help a patient with an eating disorder,it also won`t be a permanent solution to the disorder. Force feeding could scar a patient and make them a lot more likely to relapse in the future. People should heal at their own pace not someone else`s. They should be cured for the psychological problems first. The rest will come into place with time

• Patients with anorexia nervosa should be treated for the psycholigical disorder that they have, with treatment will come the desire to eat.

Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder that has its roots in psychological dysfunction. By treating the mind with counseling and helping the individual understand how to overcome their disorder, the body will heal. If we take away their right to choose who they will be by force-feeding then we violate the most basic human-right of self-determination.