Do you think people's personalities are affected by their zodiac sign?

Asked by: ShaneTB
  • I used to not, but now I do!

Up until about a year ago I though all zodiac/astrology stuff was rubbish! But then I read in article about it and I learned that I was a virgo, also I realized I had many virgo traits! I thought it was just a just a coincidence at first. Then I learned what many of my friends zodiac signs, and I learned that for the most their personalities fit their zodiac sign as well!

• I used to not believe in it but I do now

I got this book from the library once. It was about the zodiac signs. It had all of the characteristics-and I mean ALL of them- of every zodiac sign. I decided to do a test. I asked my mom, my dad, and a few of my friends if they could give me two traits that they thought described them. 89% of the traits they gave me were the ones that the book AND internet said. Then I did the same thing but asked people what traits they thought I had and they were right. So yeah it's up to you to decide if you believe in it or not.

• Read your daily horoscope!

I am a Gemini and everything I've read from my horoscopes sounds like my life on a daily basis. Ill read them at night after my day while I'm laying in bed. And in some shape or form that was how it went for me. Very rarely does the horoscope tell me wrong. I believe its all true! I once wasn't into all of this stuff, until one of my friends constantly checked her horoscopes. That's when I decided to start checking mine. I'm glad I did.. It even helps you find who your more compatible with.

• Its all about gravity

I have a theory. When your born your personality is influenced by the position of the stars that make up the zodiacs. This influence is conveyed through gravity influencing the body. At different times of the year the stars possessions vary so this gravity would have different running effects on the body giving people different personalities. For example the earth is actually egg shaped because of the moons gravity. The exact same forces also effect the body as the masses move about space. Ill take this a step farther. If the above is true then by calculating all the locations of all mass in the universe we could determine total pull of gravity in space. All we would have to do is put this on a time line and compare past present and future locations. It would be passable to predict some ones next action.

• Antiquity of man kind says so!

From Greeks to Babylonians to the Vedic manuscripts. Astro-theology is a valid science and is of course based upon belief. For a scientist to say to someone, 'a quark is sub-particle that we can not see, but it is still there', belief is needed in order to believe the scientist because it is not proven and we can't see it happening. We have to come up with our own doctrines in the modern world. Who knows how much information has been lost of the years, especially due to war. We do know that the Egyptians, Greeks, Babylonians and Indians to name a few believed in astro-theology, and much of our society is based upon them. They obviously were onto something. Besides, Tiny Tempah said its written in the stars!

• Astrology as an Unknown Science

I think that different times of the year that have different alignments of planets and stars affect the energy in the world. I think there is a science to astrology, it is just unknown. The world is full of a combination of different energies, rather it be electromagnetism or even heat and its connected throughout the universe. I think there is a little truth behind everything and there's a reason why our ancestors were so intrigued by the stars. Maybe one day astrology will be better understood.

• Believing is everything

First of all, If you start to believe in something, that's definitely doing to work.
    Here in this case, for an example If your zodiac sign says that today is the day you have to be really cautious about driving. You might even end up facing an accident. This is because you have been thinking about it the entire time. So basically I would say zodiac signs don't predict the future or personalities, Instead they make the future that way as predicted. You might have already noticed and I too would like to stress the fact that most zodiac predictions are in a good/constructive way.

• Zodiac signs are totally based on the people who were born under each sign

I think zodiac signs show the signs people were born under. Many of the possibilities are based on the personality of the person. If a certain person is born under this sign then they record the personalities and relate to someone else under that sign as well. I personally believe that which ever zodiac sign you fall under can affect the persons personality. Also many of you who say no might not have a personal experience as I do. My brother was born on feburary19, and Ive met a friend who was born on the same date and their personalities were so much alike it was scary, I mean even down to their mannerisms was the same. So that is why I agree that zodiac signs have to do with your personalities

• Rhngjnvyhb hjyhuhg hjhbh

Uyffuygiygoun. Jkh kub kjboub ojb jh ojb ojb kh kjb kjb kjb jkh kjb kjb jlh jkb kjb kjh ljb ljb jo bl uh lub ljh jlh lj hli h lih luh lub lu h lubi h ih in ih ih j. Jh jh h uh j hi h jh jh i h kj in i h in i h k jhh j h i ni j kn in in i ni n jn jh j n in jh i h in j h in i hi h ih i nifjih i j ih 'ljnojdh oin khhdil jkh hkudclidyidoudniy bry . Iugvoub iu hkudhvpin oun

• I always believe

Because there are many people who have same personalities that matches to their zodiac sign. I am very that so many do not believe. If you believe with your heart than you can believe. If you about it in internet it show you that who a person is and what they're about.

• Of course not.

What sort of gullible folk actually believe that the relative positions of the stars and the planets at the time of your birth actually affects their personality? It's utter tripe. Do you really think anyone who shares your birthday is going to be like you?
    "Horoscope" personality assessments are so vague and generalized that they can apply to almost anyone.

• It uses statements that everyone can apply for.

Richard Dawkins did a test, where he took zodiac readings, then gave them to someone with a different zodiac then the reading was. People would apply the readings to themselves, being like "Oh that is just like me!" Its a false science, as has been proven time and time again that it is rubbish.

• If the zodiac signs are correct then you have 9 long lost bothers and sisters that you didn't know about.

It is scientifically proven that at least 9 other people in the world share your birthday. So if the zodiac signs are correct 9 other people should act exactly like you. Not only that but every day of the year is someone's birthday and depending on how many days your month has there would be approximately 252 people or more that share the same characteristics as you. And each of those people have 9 other people that act exactly like them.

• How sad . . .

It is unfortunate that people will not only base, judge, and define others by their horoscope but do so with sincerity and seriousness as well.
    Judging someone based on the day they were born is complete ignorance if I've seen it. Time, months and days are concepts WE, us humans, made up. Zodiac signs - no matter how ancient the practice dates back to - was made by man, and humans are so very, very flawed.

• How sad . . .

• How sad . . .

• How sad . . .

• How sad . . .

• How sad . . .

• How sad . . .