Do you think Philip Seymour Hoffman will be overrated now that he's dead?

• I think Philip Seymour Hoffman will be overrated now that he's dead.

I think Philip Seymour Hoffman will be overrated now that he's dead. It seems that when a celebrity such as an actor dies suddenly their work is considered more valuable. This might be due to the fact that they will never perform again, so the value of their current work goes up.

• Death bumps sales, no denying

I have never really understood why precisely it is that dying does such amazing things for an artist. I'm pretty sure they'd much rather you appreciated them while alive, but there's no arguing with the historical numbers really. I do hope that the Hoffman case draws more attention the American drug war policies that lead to his death.

• Yes, celebrities are always put on a pedastal when they die

Every time a famous person dies unexpectedly, they are lauded regardless of how they died. Though Hoffman was a good actor, he could have never lived up to the idea as is being portrayed in the media after his sudden death. I think this sends the wrong message to kids who are seeing it.

• Yes, Philip Seymour Hoffman's death will cause him to be overrated.

I think that the death of Phillip Seymour Hoffman will cause him to be operated by the general public and entertainment industry. I think it is a natural reaction to over-dramatize a person's accomplishments and career when they die. While I think that Mr. Hoffman was a good actor, people need to be realistic.

• It's difficult to overrate him, really.

Philip Seymour Hoffman was probably the single greatest actor of his generation. It's difficult to overrate him. His performance in 'Capote' is one of the most fascinating and incredible I've ever seen. Whenever he was in a film, he enabled the viewer to really be able to see things from his character's point of view.

• No he was amazing

Philip Seymour Hoffman was a fantastic actor and his death really was a tragedy. Of course his death will bring people together to remember all of his amazing work. He really was a great actor that could play any type of character and had a fantastic body of work to leave behind.

kbub says2014-02-22T19:42:24.973
This opinion poll seems disrespectful.