Do you think prenatal care should be performed exclusively by midwives?

• Prenatal care should not be.

Prenatal care should not be performed exclusively by midwives. Care is important to midwives but also by the those who she is surrounded by. Care can be as simple as eating healthy or reducing stress. Midwives can be subjected to unnecessary stress from those who she is surrounded by so this responsibility falls on others shoulders as well.

• Doctors know things.

No, I do not think that prenatal care should be performed exclusively by midwives, because there are things that doctors know and disease that they can check for that the midwife is not going to know. Midwives do a great job caring for the mother in a spiritual way, but Western medicine is needed too.

• Midwives provide a beneficial service but should not be the only option

The process of giving birth in America is increasingly medicalized. It is probably true that the average mother would benefit from a birth that is not so dependent on drugs and complex procedures, and midwives have an important role to play. However, it would be too much to say that prenatal care should be exclusively the work of midwives. Sometimes medical intervention is necessary, and all mothers should be carefully monitored to make sure their pregnancies are proceding well.

• No, I don't think prenatal care should be performed exclusively by midwives.

Prenatal care can be performed by anybody that has the time and dedication to devote to it, I don't think prenatal care should be reserved exclusively for midwives and I think that overall anybody who has the desire to work in this field so even though it's dominated by midwives currently I don't think it should exclusively be performed by them.

• No It Shouldn't

I do not think prenatal care should be performed exclusively by midwives. Prenatal care includes many different things that a woman does while she is pregnant. This can range from doctors visits and ultrasounds, to simply taking better care of the body through vitamins and good foods. I honestly don't understand what the question is getting at.