Do you think Quebec, Canada should institute immigration laws that encourage emigration of individuals from non-Francophone countries?

• Yes, Quebec, Canada should institute immigration laws the encourage individuals from non-Francophne countries.

Yes, Quebec, Canada should institute immigration laws the encourage individuals from non-Francophne countries because of the benefits of diversity. The benefits of diversity goes far beyond what most people thing of. It creates a growth in tolerance making Quebec an overall better place for immigrants and citizens alike. Also, by expanding immigration laws to include more immigrants, means more money from revenue and taxes. It is a win win for everyone.

• An open policy is best.

Yes, I think that Quebec, Canada should institute immigration laws that encourage emigration of individuals from non-Francophone countries, because it is a good thing to welcome anyone who wants to come into the country, with proper safeguards, of course. There is no reason to prefer one ethnicity to another when it comes to immigration. If the person can support themselves, they should be welcome.

• Non Non Non

Quebec is a predominantly francophone region and I applaud each and every Quebecois(e) that works to preserve this or her national language and identity. Maybe yes if immigrants don't already speak English or French, but if they speak english, no. If English-speaking immigrants think they are well-off in Quebec, they are wrong. Any other territory BESIDES Quebec would be better for English speaking immigrants as well as for Quebec.

• That's Up To Them

Given that Quebec is predominately a French speaking Province of Canada, I believe anyone who immigrates there should expect to learn the language just as I expect immigrants to the United States to learn English. However, I believe when it comes to instituting immigration laws for Quebec that should be left up to the people in that Province.

• Quebec, Canada is doing just fine with the French.

Quebec, Canada should not feel compelled to open its borders up to people if they do not want to. Just because someone does not speak french is a perfectly legal immigration law. Just because more people want into your country does not mean your country has to take them. With this instance, Quebec gets to pick and choose the best for inclusion.

• No, I don't

I'm not saying this to be prejudiced or anything, but I think insular cities like Quebec are very amazing places with distinct features of their own. Not everywhere has to be diverse. Quebec has a novelty to it that you will fail to find in many other areas, and I think it should be preserved.