• Yes, I think racial profiling is effective.

Racial profiling has widely been used by law enforcement for many years to increase the rate of which they can spot and prevent crimes, I think it's an effective method for law enforcement to use, law enforcement officers should always be respectful and make sure anyone they deal with is treated fairly.

• Yes, when they profile whites.

Studies in the United States have consistently found that while minorities (African American and Latino persons) were targeted more, the chance of finding contraband when their cars were searched was the same or less than White persons. In several studies, minorities were found to be statistically significantly less likely to have contraband found following a search. For example, a 2001 U.S. Department of Justice report on 1,272,282 citizen-police contacts in 1999 found that, although African Americans and Hispanics were much more likely than White persons to be stopped and searched, they were about half as likely to be in possession of contraband.

• Effective for whom?

Racial profiling is effective for the purposes of giving racist white people the illusion of safety. It is not effective for the purposes of creating a decent and fair world for young black men who want to walk down the street in a city or drive their cars on public roads without being harassed by the police. Racial profiling creates a two-tiered justice system in which minorities are held to different and harsher standards. If the definition of effectiveness is to create a safer, fairer country for everyone, then racial profiling is ineffective, and we should end it.

• No, Racial profiling is not effective.

I believe it fails to look for new threats and it is also highly racist in its
    methods. I think the idea of racial profiling is terrible. It's wrong to
    racially profile someone because most of the time it has to do
    with the individual and not with the race of the person.

• No It's Not

I do not believe racial profiling is effective. I believe it fails to look for new threats and it is also highly racist in its methods. I think the idea of racial profiling is terrible. It's the same reason people like Zimmerman get away with killing people like Martin, because racially there was cause for concern.

• Racial profiling is not effective.

Racial profiling is not effective. I think that it is wrong to racially profile someone because most of the time it has to do with the individual and not with the race of the person. After 9/11, we started profiling muslim people because of it and that has proved wrong.

• Racial profiling is not effective.

We can't assume that every black person will mug you or rob a bank. White people are just as likely to do that than a black or latino.As we progress into the future more and more people are going to assume that racial profiling is effective. By looking at past criminal records if black or latinos did take part in most of our criminal history then yes they did, but we can not have police officers stopping people of a different race without a real reason.

• Are you kidding?

Aren't we trying to avoid another riots and segregation? I'm so mad how people still continue to feed into discriminating one race and sadly I tired of seeing young minorities dead because someone accused them of being a criminal or a suspect. People will be people but there is a way to handle things and racial profiling is not one of them.