Do you think Rebecca Sotherland was guilty of unreasonable force after using a taser 28 times on an intoxicated person?

• Rebecca Sotherland - Guilty

I definitely think that Rebecca Sotherland was guilty of unreasonable force after using a taser twenty eight times on an intoxicated person. Even the most intoxicated, unruly person would have gone down well before twenty eight taser shocks, if they even required two shocks. Tasers hit as hard as they do for a reason.

• 28 Times Is Too Many!

To tase someone 28 times is completely unreasonable without other methods of controlling the situation also put into play. When a person is intoxicated, their motor function is already very hindered, so Sotherland's overuse of a taser is even further unnecessary because the person she used it against was drunk.

• Rebecca Sotherland was guilty

Rebecca Sotherland was guilty of unreasonable force after using a a taser 28 times on an intoxicated person. An intoxicated individual should not be that difficult to subdue or gain control of. Use of the taser one or two times should be sufficient to subdue anyone, but using the taser 28 times is abusive.

• Rebecca Sotherland Guilty or Innocent?

I do not know enough specifics about this case to make an educated comment on whether or not she was guilty of using unreasonable force on an intoxicated individual. However, I do know that in this country people are considered innocent until proven guilty. Intoxicated people can be very unpredictable and hard to put down. I would suspect that Rebecca Sotherland used the amount of force needed to protect herself and therefore should not be found guilty of unreasonable force.