Do you think remnants of the Confederate States of America, such as the Ku Klux Klan, should exist in contemporary society?

• Protect the KKK with freedom of speech amendment

Remnants of the Confederate States of America, such as the Ku Klux Klan, should exist in contemporary society. This is because the KKK is protected under the free speech amendment. They would not exist if some white people did not feel threatened by idea of the dissolution of European heritage. They should be protected such as how black nationalists are protected for their speech.

• I despise what they stand for

Not all remnants of the CSA are like the KKK. With regards to the KKK, I despise what they stand for. I think they are motivated by hatred and ignorance. However even members of the KKK have a right to their beliefs. They and other "fringe" groups have the right to exist.

• KKK Needs to be Remembered

The KKK and Confederate remnants should exist, if only to remind us of our failures as a nation. By forgetting existence of these times would do a complete disservice to our children and future. History, good or bad, needs to be remembered. One platform this can be showcased is through remnants.

• The south lost.

Remnants of the Confederacy lost the civil war. Stop waving the flag like it means anything other than treason. It does not represent racism, or the rebel spirit. It represents treason. This treason that was punished over 150 years ago should not have any impact on today's society. For the most part, that is true. Do I think that the KKK has a right to exist? Sure. Do I think they are a waste of a good 501c3 charter? Absolutely.

• No place for them

If it weren't enough that organizations such as the Ku Klux Klan are founded in hateful rhetoric that has no place in modern society, consider the following: such groups are remnants of an enemy nation. The Confederate States of America, many ironically seem not to remember, were literally traitors to the United States.