Do you think Roseanne Barr's show "Roseanne" is the greatest comedy television show of all time?

• No, "Roseanne" wasn't.

I really never understood the obsession with the television show Roseanne. It was a funny show sometimes, and I do remember watching it, but it doesn't hold a flame to some of the sitcoms you see on television now. For example, the Big Bang Theory is funnier. As is Two and a Half Men.

• Not that good

This show was very popular, and is for sure going to go down as one of the best shows in history, but I would not say that it is the greatest comedy show of all time. There are many more, such as the Carol Barnett show, that can match this one.

• The show "Roseanne" is not the greatest comedy show of all time.

No, Roseanne Barr's show, "Roseanne," is not the greatest comedy show of all time when you take into consideration the many other superior comedy television shows that have aired. Some better competitors might include the comedy shows Seinfeld, Friends, even a fringe show such as Reno 911 would be a better candidate for this title.

• No, "Roseanne" is not the greatest comedy of all time.

"Roseanne" is far away from being the greatest comedy of all time. Most of the show was a sad portrayal of family and the comedy was based upon that. I do not consider that kind of raunchy humor to be great. I would say a show like "Seinfeld" is a much better comedy than "Roseanne."

• Roseanne - Not One for the History Books

Roseanne Barr's long running comedy show, Roseanne, was ground breaking in many ways. It introduced what, at the time, were a lot of controversial and unexplored on tv issues. While that was positive, Roseanne tended to leave one feeling negative. While the family portrayed was a solid family unit, there was a general disrespect shown by all characters - a seeming lack of respect for themselves and others. We had two obese, financially struggling parents who were parents to 3 disrespectful and dysfunctional children. The parents were often seen insulting each other and their children, and the children were very rude to each other and their parents. While some may feel the portrayal of the family more accurately portrayed "mainstream" America, I think many of us were left hoping this was a case where life would not imitate art.