Do you think Saudi Arabia is a good place to raise your kids?

Asked by: Kabu
  • Absolutely not! !

Saudi Arabia is definitely NOT a good place to raise your children. The place is a dictatorship. Women are legally required to wear burqas, no drinking or smoking, you convert to a different religion or are a homosexual, you could face the death penalty. While it may be technologically developed and urbanised, the government system is backwards and violates sooo many human rights. I advise you to raise your children in a more stable country. If it has to be the Middle East, maybe Lebanon. They're quite a religiously diverse country and women there have more freedom and rights and there is more general freedom there. But never in any day Saudi Arabia.

• While I believe Saudi Arabia is Friendly nation they have major human rights abuses that must be addressed!!

The Saudi kingdom is a very strong western backed country although I believe it would be fun to visit this place is not ideal to raise a family in here are some of the reasons.
    1. Women have to wear a burqa and they can't drive or go out in public without a male guardian.
    2. Movie theaters are prohibited I mean come on what are they really trying to keep people from seeing that they don't already know about?
    3.While I am a huge supporter of capital punishment they might go a step to far when they execute people for practicing witchcraft or for being gay which they define as blasphemy and there public executions with a sword is not at all child friendly.

All in all i'm sure that Saudi Arabia would be a fun place to visit they need to make some major changes in there government by promoting more human rights and ridding the country of corruption.

• No, Total Dictatorship

Saudi Arabia is a monarchic dictatorship with a king. If you are homosexual or non-Muslim, you can get the death penalty. 60% of citizens in Saudi Arabia are below poverty line which is extreme poverty. So you would be raising your kids in a place where they would killed by the law if they weren't Muslim or straight, or have money problems.