Do you think schools should enforce dress codes?

Asked by: jazzi
  • Schools should have a dress code!!

I'm in high school and I want a dress code, yeah that's pretty bad. It's because guys have their pants below their butt and it even go down to their knees nobody wants to see some guys butt and and other general regions sticking out, girls would wear see through shirts, booty shorts and skirts, shirts that are so low their breast pops out of their shirts or you can see it all when they bend over or have giant holes in their pants to the point it looks like there ripped open, it's not dressing for success, you would't go to a job interview like that

• Yes! Absolutely yes

Yes, that way children won't be discriminated based on clothes. Plus, it saves A LOT of money. Instead of having to buy clothes for all year long, you just have to buy them for the weekend and occasional situations. And it's so much easier, specially for girls. You don't have to put any thought into what you're gonna wear the next day and you don't have to be concerned weather it makes you look cute or not. But as I said, most importantly, it takes discrimination based on clothes out of the picture.

• Dress Codes Should be enforced...

I believe some sort of respectable dress code should be in place. I am not saying that it should be super regulated. When I was in high school, we had a dress code in place. For example boys had to have a clean shaved face, hair not touching shoulder, Belts, and no rude or explicit graphics. Girls no unnatural hair colors, no "junk" showing, shorts, dresses, and skirts to a certain length, etc. My school had dress code rules like this in place to help teach the young people how to be modest and take pride in themselves, and in the end reflects positive on the school.

• W w w

W w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w

• W w w

• W w w

• School SHOULD enforce dress codes

I am a female who goes to a high school of about 2000 teenagers. Maybe its just my opinion, but I would rather not have to walk down the hall seeing a bunch of girls "junk". Girls have more to cover up. So cover it and stop saying that its because people are sexualizing their bodies.

• People can't express themselves

Some people feel like they can't express themselves when they are restricted when they can't dress how they want. At my school the kids break dress code just so they can wear the clothes that they have. Some of us only have clothes that we will dress code for. So I am against having dress code for this reason.

• Drees code shall exist

Drees codes should be there because if not we would have girls dreeses like slags and boys who think ganster is good 🙊🙈so what do think yes or no should we or should we not it is a yes or no answer or even a maybe 🌺 So tell what you think vote yes or no

• Enforcing dresscodes is a good idea.

My school is located in a predominantly southern Christian community. Meaning, my school is based on modesty, morals, and football. Recent events have led to a petition towards amending the dresscode. As a student that has gone to schools with extreme dress codes, and no dress code at all... I don't really understand how a dresscode could be bad. You're not taking away a students right to "express" themselves because students can express themselves at home, in a non-professional environment. But, like most schools, the female population is tired of being "sexualized." I don't understand how preventing someone from seeing your breasts and bottom is repressing you. Minors should not be showing excessive skin in general. But, when a school doesn't fairly enforce the dresscode, there is a problem. When you take the fact that female and male clothing are made and shaped differently, it can be hard to always be in compliance with the dresscode as a female, in a very hot State. For instance, most clothing manufacturers do not make bottoms that are knee length and attractive, as well as lacking holes (this was our dresscode). But, it's not okay to want to wear bottoms that expose your bottom, which is what younger girls wish to wear at my school. So, either you accept the dresscode, and work around it, or just get over it. It could always be worse.

• Having a dress code makes boys and girls feel less empowered to act freely and develop their own personality.

In my country, Colombia, most of the schools have a dress code. But in those same schools with dress code the children are subordinated not only with their dress choices but with their hear cuts. As these children grow they don't behave as individuals but rather, they become very dependent on others. When they graduate they are generally immature and they haven`t develop as much as those children that had the liberty to experience free will when they were younger. These leads to incapable people, who cannot take responsibility on their own. Their self image is dependent on others, because they have grown accustom to do what others tell them to do rather than what they really want.

• People Have Personalities

Guess we aren't that far from the good ol' 1910's, right. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .?

• No you should not have a dress code

When you have a dress code or a uniform you are restricting our voices. Yes females may dress like hoes but if that is what they want to dress like then let them if they think they are grown let them learn on there own. You are only restricting and punishing the voices of others by telling us to all dress the same

• Ll ll ll

L;l l l l l l l l l l l l l l ll l ll ll l lll ll ll ll ll ll l ll ll l ll l l l ll ll l l l llll llll ll ll lll llll llll lll lll lll lll ll

• No more dress code

At my school, we mainly have a dress code to to avoid distraction to the boys. I feel this is very unfair because I do not in any way dress to impress anyone or make someone like me. It is not my fault boys have these feelings toward girls that distract them from everything. But I should've not be punished for it. I hold be able to wear what I feel good in and be able to express what I feel and who I am however I want including the way I dress. In a way, I feel like having a dress code encourages boys to think that it is ok to look at girls in this way where they are protected by the schools walls to the r4st of the world where the reality is that some girls do dress for the attention where if they learn at an earlier age that it isn't k and learn to get used to it women could gain a lot more respect.

• People can't express themselves

• Fuck dress code

Do we like really need this shit like what the fuck come on to be honest why should we spend money on ratchet clothes jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj fuck this shit like FUCL IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DS SD DSH S S KHSD S DSKJ MHSDHJ SDHH JDSHJ HJ DSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFC ERFBEA,FAUCBEKJC ANWEIAUSJK CWEIU CIEU AWKX

• Q q q

Q q q q q q qq q q q q q q q qq q q qq q q q q q qq q q q q q q q qq q qq qq qq q q qq q q qq q q q qq q q q q

• Q q q

• Q q q