Do you think schools should enforce dress codes?

Asked by: jazzi
  • Schools should have a dress code!!

I'm in high school and I want a dress code, yeah that's pretty bad. It's because guys have their pants below their butt and it even go down to their knees nobody wants to see some guys butt and and other general regions sticking out, girls would wear see through shirts, booty shorts and skirts, shirts that are so low their breast pops out of their shirts or you can see it all when they bend over or have giant holes in their pants to the point it looks like there ripped open, it's not dressing for success, you would't go to a job interview like that

• Yes! Absolutely yes

Yes, that way children won't be discriminated based on clothes. Plus, it saves A LOT of money. Instead of having to buy clothes for all year long, you just have to buy them for the weekend and occasional situations. And it's so much easier, specially for girls. You don't have to put any thought into what you're gonna wear the next day and you don't have to be concerned weather it makes you look cute or not. But as I said, most importantly, it takes discrimination based on clothes out of the picture.

• They aren't bad

People say that with dress codes you can't express yourself or look your best. In my school we have a uniform and girls and guys still make them look good. I understand that you have to buy the dress clothes for your dress codes but you only need 5 pairs of pants and shirts to get through a week so you can wash them that weekend. Dress codes are not about boys getting distracted, they are about making the learning environment a better suited place for learning, by having everyone dress similarly it eliminates tall about clothing, some gossip and other distractions from the school or learning place. Students should be expressing themselves through the way they act anyways, it doesn't have to be expressed through clothing, talk of expressing yourself through clothing is immature and people who say that don't really get the logical side of having a dress code. That is all

• The answer is yes

I am a middle school student and we have girls wearing dresses with one bad move and you can see everything like i man everything and this girl is shorter than me and when i talk to her when she wears a dress i can just see her breast. And that is why dress code is a good thing

• Dress Codes Should be enforced...

I believe some sort of respectable dress code should be in place. I am not saying that it should be super regulated. When I was in high school, we had a dress code in place. For example boys had to have a clean shaved face, hair not touching shoulder, Belts, and no rude or explicit graphics. Girls no unnatural hair colors, no "junk" showing, shorts, dresses, and skirts to a certain length, etc. My school had dress code rules like this in place to help teach the young people how to be modest and take pride in themselves, and in the end reflects positive on the school.

• W w w

W w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w

• W w w

• W w w

• School SHOULD enforce dress codes

I am a female who goes to a high school of about 2000 teenagers. Maybe its just my opinion, but I would rather not have to walk down the hall seeing a bunch of girls "junk". Girls have more to cover up. So cover it and stop saying that its because people are sexualizing their bodies.

• People can't express themselves

Some people feel like they can't express themselves when they are restricted when they can't dress how they want. At my school the kids break dress code just so they can wear the clothes that they have. Some of us only have clothes that we will dress code for. So I am against having dress code for this reason.

• Having a dress code makes boys and girls feel less empowered to act freely and develop their own personality.

In my country, Colombia, most of the schools have a dress code. But in those same schools with dress code the children are subordinated not only with their dress choices but with their hear cuts. As these children grow they don't behave as individuals but rather, they become very dependent on others. When they graduate they are generally immature and they haven`t develop as much as those children that had the liberty to experience free will when they were younger. These leads to incapable people, who cannot take responsibility on their own. Their self image is dependent on others, because they have grown accustom to do what others tell them to do rather than what they really want.

• There should not be dress codes.

Schools shouldn't enforce dress codes because I feel it takes away your individuality because most people express themselves through clothing. A lot of teachers say they have a dress code because some peoples clothing/hair are "distracting" during class time, but just WHY? Dress codes go as far as not letting girls and boys wear purple/orange/green/yellow socks, not letting boys have pierced ears, which in my opinion is very unnecessary, how are someones ears going to impact their score on a test?

• Dress code is bad

Dress code is like giving your will to make choices to someone else.
    You stay in uncomfortable clothes that someone else chooses for you.
    Parents have to pay for school and now they have to pay for clothes?
    What if those clothes rip?
    You are taking away choices from children.

• Why kids should not have dress code

People get clothes before they get the dress code and they spend all that money on these clothes and wear them. They can't take them back because they have already worn them. One thing I disagree on is that girls can wear those short shorts. I also disagree that kids shirts have to be to their knees in order to wear leggings. It is just stupid!

• Dress codes suck.

To think that a pair of leggings or a bra strap that is showing can "distract a boy's ability to learn is ridiculous to me! It is not a good idea AT ALL! What are they trying to do, make girls become the type of eskimo that lives in the arctic? ITS DUMB! Girls litterally can'y wear clothes that feel good just because they might " distract boys" is sooooooooooooooooooo dumb and its kinda sexist

• People Have Personalities

Guess we aren't that far from the good ol' 1910's, right. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .?

• No you should not have a dress code

When you have a dress code or a uniform you are restricting our voices. Yes females may dress like hoes but if that is what they want to dress like then let them if they think they are grown let them learn on there own. You are only restricting and punishing the voices of others by telling us to all dress the same

• Ll ll ll

L;l l l l l l l l l l l l l l ll l ll ll l lll ll ll ll ll ll l ll ll l ll l l l ll ll l l l llll llll ll ll lll llll llll lll lll lll lll ll

• No more dress code

At my school, we mainly have a dress code to to avoid distraction to the boys. I feel this is very unfair because I do not in any way dress to impress anyone or make someone like me. It is not my fault boys have these feelings toward girls that distract them from everything. But I should've not be punished for it. I hold be able to wear what I feel good in and be able to express what I feel and who I am however I want including the way I dress. In a way, I feel like having a dress code encourages boys to think that it is ok to look at girls in this way where they are protected by the schools walls to the r4st of the world where the reality is that some girls do dress for the attention where if they learn at an earlier age that it isn't k and learn to get used to it women could gain a lot more respect.

• People can't express themselves