Do you think schools should enforce dress codes?

Asked by: jazzi
  • Schools should have a dress code!!

I'm in high school and I want a dress code, yeah that's pretty bad. It's because guys have their pants below their butt and it even go down to their knees nobody wants to see some guys butt and and other general regions sticking out, girls would wear see through shirts, booty shorts and skirts, shirts that are so low their breast pops out of their shirts or you can see it all when they bend over or have giant holes in their pants to the point it looks like there ripped open, it's not dressing for success, you would't go to a job interview like that

• Yes! Absolutely yes

Yes, that way children won't be discriminated based on clothes. Plus, it saves A LOT of money. Instead of having to buy clothes for all year long, you just have to buy them for the weekend and occasional situations. And it's so much easier, specially for girls. You don't have to put any thought into what you're gonna wear the next day and you don't have to be concerned weather it makes you look cute or not. But as I said, most importantly, it takes discrimination based on clothes out of the picture.

• People would get distracted

Kids would get distracted with some revealing skin and would get either "turned on" or attracted by the skin that the girls are showing. So i really do think that schools should have dress codes. Some people may have a different opinion about what I have to say but oh well it's my opinion.

• Most people wear inappropriate clothes.

Everyone has their different styles of wearing clothes, but some need to tune it down a bit, everybody needs to wear appropriate clothing in school, maybe not wear uniforms but just good clothing. Some boys wear their pants to low and some girls wear their shirts to low. It's becoming a big problem in the U.S.

• School are proffensional

Schools arn't places to go and show off your body for everyone to see, they're proffesional places to learn and study. The last thing you need while learning is a distraction, this goes for both boys and girls. Honestly this argument is some of the dumbest crap I've heard in awhile. You go to school to learn not to show off your body.

• Yes of course

School is for learning. It not a place where you can hang out and do whatever you want. This is very bad and you can get suspened or expened for that matter. Would you like to risk it . It also make school a safer place. So enforce the dress police.

• Dress code is good

School is a learning environment, not a fashion show. Wear your fancy clothes on the weekends and be cute at school but not by showing your stomach or Breasts. It’s just not attractive, it also creates a bad image for you, do you want to be that person? I don’t think so

• I think schools should have dress codes

I don't think anyone wants to see people's short shorts and the tiny skirts. Schools should enforce their dress code unless you want to see their stomachs just because they are wearing a crop top. Schools shouldn't have a very strict dress code but they should have one. I think that dress codes are very important. I do admit that I think some dress codes are a little bit sexiest. They dress code boys and girls nit just girls.

• Yes I do agree

Not just about the dress code but also about no make allow and especially for the girls they should in a separate building so it won't be any distraction and they should have some funds for the one who cannot afford it and other then that yes I am in favor big time

• Dress Codes Needed!!!

I'm in middle school and I hate seeing people's short shorts and their cleavage. I think we should have dress codes but not too strict. I've never had a dress code but I think it's needed. I live in Nevada and it doesn't have very many dress codes for us.

• Having a dress code makes boys and girls feel less empowered to act freely and develop their own personality.

In my country, Colombia, most of the schools have a dress code. But in those same schools with dress code the children are subordinated not only with their dress choices but with their hear cuts. As these children grow they don't behave as individuals but rather, they become very dependent on others. When they graduate they are generally immature and they haven`t develop as much as those children that had the liberty to experience free will when they were younger. These leads to incapable people, who cannot take responsibility on their own. Their self image is dependent on others, because they have grown accustom to do what others tell them to do rather than what they really want.

• We should be able to express our self the way we want to.

We (students) feel that we are over sexualized because "our shoulders are too sexy" or other things and it restricts our clothes so we have to take the time to find clothing that fits the school dress code. Girls are more affected by dress codes but boys are not, boys can wear shorts but girls cant .

• Dress Codes are stupid

Students should get to express them selves without getting shamed. Students shouldn't just get to wear underwear but they should get to wear a shirt that shows so stomach who cares if you see some skin it's the same skin as on our arms and legs. So why does it matter?

• Dress codes suck

Dress codes are not cool. Not only is it body shaming people, it`s just harsh. Dress codes don`t give you the freedom to wear what you want. For example, if someone went and bought a new top on sale and wanted to wear it on the last day of their junior year. Oh no! Dress code alert! Your parents are at work and you get grounded for a month for the school`s opinion on your new top. Not cool

• Dress codes? No thanks

We as students should have the freedom to express them self. I don't care about seeing people stomach. The way people dress is not my problem. It's your problem. If you don't like people wearing crop-tops, TOO BAD! So many schools have a dress code and then students wear that crap and the teacher are ok with it. WOW

• Should schools enforce dress codes

HELL NO! I should be able to have freedom of expression. Yes people shouldn't be able to wear just anything because of course there's freedom of expression and then there's just inappropriate. Like duh we shouldn't be able to come to school in a crop that looks like a bra but a crop that shows like a 1in strip of your lower stomach? Come on!! Who the hell cares about your damn stomach? And yes we shouldn't wear jeans with holes in it to the point we can see underwear or that its really close to you know your area but me having a hole on my thigh above right above my knee? HAHA! You got to be kidding me. The way people dress is who they are ... BE WHO YOU ARE! Also that shit is sexist but i'll let someone else take that topic . ;)

• Should schools enforce dress codes

• Should schools enforce dress codes

• Should schools enforce dress codes

• Should schools enforce dress codes