Do you think Sigmund Freud's conception of dreams as wish-fulfillments is accurate?

• They expose our fears.

Yes, I think that Sigmund Freud's conception of dreams as wish-fulfillments is accurate, because there are dreams that are obviously our desires exposed in dreams. Dreams can show us the things that we want that we didn't even know that we wanted. Freud was correct to say that dreams are our unguarded opinions.

• Freud's conception of dreams is influential but not based in fact

Sigmund Freud's concept of dreams as wish fulfillment is a captivating idea, but it is not based in fact. We still know very little about the process of dreaming. Freud's writing about dreams is intuitive; of course it would be wonderful if dreams were analyzable and applicable to our waking lives. But there is simply no evidence that this is the case.

• Only in part

Dreams can be a form of wish-fulfillment for us, but that does that explain in full the nature of the dreaming process and cycle. It is more valuable to view dreams as our subconscious processing the information is has gathered throughout the day and running through it in a narrative.

• Many dreams are the exact opposite of this.

I don't think this is true, or certainly not as simple as it seems. Many dreams that we have we certainly would not wish to come true, and what about nightmares? These are dreams in which horrible things happen, and I think no one could think these are really things we subconsciously wish would happen.

• No I Don't

I believe our dreams are some sort of playing out in our consciousness and that we have little control over them. I do not believe Sigmund Freud's conception of dreams as wish-fulfillments. I don't find that to be accurate because I've had several dreams that scared the hell out of me, I certainly didn't wish for those.