Do you think skateboards should be banned on sidewalks?

• Yes, a Skateboard is Meant for the Streets

Skateboards and bikes are both vehicles that are designed to help their users move faster than a normal walking pace. Skilled users of skateboards can achieve speeds of anywhere between 15-25 mph, while walking pace is 5-10mph max. At these speeds, it is inappropriate for a skateboarder to use a sidewalk where the majority of traffic is much slower and walkers are unlikely to have the ability to maneuver to accommodate skateboarders. Furthermore, since the majority of board users will not be particularly skilled, they are likely to create accidents and collisions that will have greater fallout due to the speeds at which they are moving.

• Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss b b

I am m m m m m m m mm mm m m m m m mm m m m m mm m m m m m m mm m m mm m m m m m mm m m m m mm m m m m m m m mm m m m m mm m m m m m

• Skateboards should not be banned because its unfair for people who like to ride skateboarding

Skateboarding is a good way to help people exercise and a good way to get out of the house and have some fun. I know from my own perspective that skateboarding is so fun and I would hate to find out that they have banned it. I would feel devastated and heart broken if that does happen and this is why I think that skateboarding should definitely not be banned

• No no no

M m m m m mm m m m m mm m m m m m m m m mm m m m mm m m m m m m m m m Mmmmmmm m m m m m m m m m mm m m mm m m m

• I like chicken

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a poop

• I like chicken

A a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a poop

• Because of op

No because people like to ride on sidewalks and thats what breaks are for soooooo yeah i think no y e l l o w s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s pow

• Because of op

• Because of op

• Because we're "scocialy" not allowed on streets

How can we get banned from sidewalks when the majority of all cars yell at us, and flick us off for useing the road? I understand a sidewalk ban if it were scocialy acceptable for us to use the street, but until drivers stop yelling at us, it's unreasonable. Also even though we move faster there are plenty of places where it makes no sense. In a buissy intersection a skateboarder, no matter how good they are won't move as fast as a car. Skaters can in these places cause traffic jams. Any town that has the guts to ban skaters, better be putting in bike/skateboard sidewalks.

• No!!!!!No!!! No!!! Noo

Right now i am doing report on this. It is unfair to people who love skating. Like i and my older sister we go places on our boards only to find that we hve to go back home because there is no skatin allowed on sidewalks and its very unsafeand my father womt allow

• Skateboards should be allowed on sidewalks.

Skateboards shouldn't be banned. It's a faster way of getting some where than just walking. I understand that there are people who can be obnoxious with skateboards, but there are also people who are just walking that can be obnoxious. And we're not going to ban people from sidewalks. As long as they stay on the sidewalk, and are not interfering with traffic, I don't think there is a problem with it at all.

• No, It's unfair to the people who love to skateboard

No, I don't think skateboards should be banned on sidewalks. While
    someone who is skateboarding at dangerous speeds on the sidewalks can
    hurt someone I believe the vast majority of skateboarders are very
    mindful and careful while skateboarding on a sidewalk, I believe it is
    much safer for skateboarders to be on the sidewalk instead of dealing
    with cars in the roads.