Do you think sleep deprivation is a form of medical torture?

• Sleep deprivation tortures humans

Sleep deprivation is a form of medical torture. This is because being deprived of sleep causes people to become so stressed and out of sorts that they cannot function on a normal level. They can become emotional, violent, and say things they other wise would not say, such as admitting to guilt just so someone lets them sleep.

• The military does it

I think that sleep detrivation can be a form of medical torture, and the army uses it all the time to toughen up this nations soldiers while they are in basic training. They will be forced to stay up for a couple days at a time and make them good under being tired.

• It's A Form Of Torture

I believe sleep deprivation is a form of torture, but I don't think it's necessary to classify it as a form of medical torture. Sleep deprivation can lead to hallucinations and it can kill a person if they are kept up for too long. To me, it doesn't seem vey useful as a form of torture and I don't see how it would be used in the medical field.

• Sleep deprivation is a form of torture

Sleep deprivation is a form of torture in many ways. Keeping a person awake is just as much a torture as dropping water drops on their heads or beating them up. It is a medical torture and should not be practiced in any form or matter, regardless of the circumstance or the people it might benefit.

• Yes, I think sleep deprivation is a form of torture

Sleep deprivation has been used throughout history as a form of torture to get information from prisoners. Your body cannot go without sleep indefinitely, because after awhile, it is unable to process thoughts coherently. Severe sleep deprivation can lead to a state where you can be easily brainwashed and made to do just about anything.